1

"Annabelle, darling, time for bed." My mother knocks on my door before entering.

As she trots in, the first thing I noticed was the purple, black eye plastered on her face.

"What happened, mum?!" I gasp, my heart skips a beat.

"Oh, nothing sweetheart, head to sleep, remember you've got the dentist appointment tomorrow." She smiles, walking out of the room.

I gulp, knowing the only person who could've done it was my father, he was known to me as very verbal, always telling when and what I HAVE to do, not even giving me a freedom.

I sigh drastically, turning on my phone and scrolling through tiktok.

Everything was about people using shifting methods to arrive in fictional places. Why can't I be able to?

My eyes wonder each video, looking for hope in shifting to my favorite place, the Glade. It's everything I've always wanted to see.

To meet them would be such a beautiful opportunity.

Gulping, I attempt one of the methods. I felt my eyes began to fall heavy. I must be tired.

I switch off my lights. Put my phone of charge. Close my eyes and drift off to a deep sleep.

I jolt awake over the sound of loud metal melody screaming into my ears. The roaring sounds from a creature beside me, caused me to jump out of my skin.

I crawl to the corner of the place, folding my knees together and shielding my face with my arms. My eyes clench shut, creasing just around my eyes.

A small jump occurred as the floor stopped moving. I slowly lift my head, having a burning heat corse into my eyes. I gasp, shielding my eyes with my hands.

A loud crumble of footsteps vibrates. I saw a figure of a tall man tower above me, blocking the sun from hitting my eyes.

"Day one, Greenie!" A familiar voice declared, holding out his calloused hand for me to take.

I slowly reach for his hand in confusion, "What?!"

Within a blink, I was thrown onto soft, green grass. I grunt as my stomach hit the floor in a hard rage.

Hastily, I stand up, looking around at my surroundings.

This can't be..

It's impossible?

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screech, rubbing the back of my neck, gulping, I look at everyone around me.

A giddy chuckle slipped from my mouth, "Holy shit.."

Everyone's mutters we're loud enough that I could overhear them.

"What's your name, Greenie?" Alby approach's me, with caution.

"Annabelle." I convey, still smiling, like I've got a coat hook in my mouth.

"Welcome to the Glade." Alby continues, staying a decent away distance.

"Shit— I'm a big fan of you guys!" I squeal innocently, gently clapping my hands together drastically.

The mumble of mutter occur all around me, they leered at me, like I'm crazy, which I'm not..

The Glade is much more than they describe in the books. It's so beautiful, but so intimidating at the same time.

The green, emerald vines that climbed up and down the stone, cold walls that marked those who have fallen.