Chapter 22

Wren set up her things on the right side of my room, taking half my dresser and half my closet.

"It's only fair." Dibdobs had said.

She had also given Wren the bed, so I was sleeping on a cot on the ground.

Cain was coming to get me for the Jones' gig at 8 and it was 7 right now, and I was barely ready.

For the gig, I was going to wear a strapless pink lace shirt, which was tight in the chest, and then dropped down. I wore a pair of light-washed skinny jeans, and white high top converse. I had been thinking of asking Wren to borrow her bolero jacket, but I decided against it.

I didn't know Wren, but I hated her, and it made me mad, cause I had no reason too.

Do people always hate beautiful people for no reason at all?

I sighed, and attempted to change my attitude.

"Hey, Wren?"

Wren was sitting on my bed, on her laptop.
"Yea?" She tilted her head up, towards me.

"My friends band is having a gig tonight, and he's coming to get me at 8, um would you like to come? I could introduce you to people, if you want."

Ugh, I sounded like a loser.

"Sure, sounds good." She smiled her dazzling white smile, and went back to her laptop.

"Can I borrow that jacket you were wearing this morning, it's really cute."

Wren smiled.

"Of course! It will look really good with your outfit!" She handed me the jacket.

Maybe Wren wasn't so bad after all.

I put on eyeliner and mascara, making my eyes look enormous, I curled my hair and tousled it up, not gonna lie, I looked pretty sexy.

I was so excited to see Cain. After the gig I was going to go up to him, and tell him I liked him, and that I chose him, and we would kiss, and he would ask me to be his girlfriend. It was going to be great.

My prior thoughts about Wren and Cain drifted out of my head, and were replaced with thoughts of dancing and kissing.

"I'm gonna take a shower." Wren announced, and headed to the bathroom.

I glanced at the clock.

We only had 10 minutes, Wren better hurry up.

I grabbed my purse, and went downstairs to await Cain's arrival.

I was in the bathroom, when I heard the doorbell ring.

Once.

Then a pause.

Twice.

"Coming!!!" Wren called.

I walked out, just in time to see Wren open the door, wearing nothing but a towel.

I ran towards her.

Cain was smoking a cigarette and staring at the skimpy towel.

"Darlin' I'm Cain, nice to meet you." He stuck a hand out, eyes still focused on what was concealed.

"Hi!" She held her hand out to meet his, but when she did this she accidently let go of her towel and it fell around her ankles.
I watched all this with horror.

Cain choked on cigarette smoke as Wren scrambled for her towel.

"Omigod," She apologized. "I am so sorry, I just, I'm so sorry it's nice to meet you Cain um I'm gonna go change." She ran upstairs.

Cain watched her leave and turned back to me.

My body filled with anger, and I was holding back tears.

"Who's that?" Cain asked.

He had the same look on his face that the male batista had had.

Lust.

Want.

Curiousity, maybe.

"She's Dibdob's friend's daughter. Her name is Wren Fletcher."

Cain whistled.

Then he realized where he was, and why he was there. He muttered an apology and cleared his throat.

"Lulz, wow you look great." He examined me, taking my hands in his.

"Thanks, haha." I laughed.

"So Cain, I wanted to talk to you about----"

But my words fell silent, as Wren flounced back downstairs.

She was wearing a different band tee this time, and short shorts. She also wore pale pink high top converse.

On anyone else they would look lame and little kiddish but on her they looked trendy and cool.

Her hair floated down her back in waves.

"Ready to go?" She asked, with her signature smile.

"If you are." Cain said with a wink.

I shot him a look.

As we walked, Cain and Wren made polite conversation, while I walked behind them.

Apparently, Cain was a huge fan of the band on Wrens shirt, and they spent the entire walk talking about them.

My worst nightmare had come true, and I felt so lonely.

I decided that as soon as we got to the gig, I would talk to Wren and tell her about Cain.

What do u guys think about Wren and Cain? Please tell me!