Chapter 2

The tears began to come, i tried to stop them but no amount of wiping my eyes with my sleave would change anything.

I didnt know how long I had been sitting there, when a big black dog approached me.

It was Cain's dog.

"Go away." I sniffled.

The dog stood in front of me now, growling.

That only made me cry more.

I heard a long slow whistle and footsteps coming near me.

"Ay, what the lanky one has her panties in a twist over?"

Indeed it was the Dark Crow of Heckmondwhite himself.

"Go away Cain." The tears came even faster now, and my sobs became louder.

Now he too was standing right in front of me, dressed in all black with his combat boots and long black coat.

"Awh, i didnt mean to make thee cry love. Now wipe those tears off your face you look like a raccon."

Screw Cain. My makeup was running though, i wiped a hand across my face, but it only smeared.

Cain handed me a tissue.

"You look like shit." He said.

Thanks.

"Now tell old Cain whats wrong love."

Ha. As if.

"I said, GO AWAY."

"Wat? Garyboy gone messed with a Bottomly?"

I jumped up.

"How did you know that?!?"

He laughed.

"I get around."

And with that he whistled to his dog, flipped up his collar, and disappeared.

If Cain knows, then who knows who else knows. If this gets around, everyone will make fun of me for being so stupid.

I'll be the new Beverly Bottomly.