Chapter 24

I immediately got ready for bed, and crawled in.

Wren stayed up texting her friends.

I was really getting fed up with that girl but I still wanted to be a good hostess.

"So Wren, what did you think about tonight? You know about the band and the people and stuff."

She looked up.

"Oh it was pretty fun. The band was good, and that Cain is muy color. Also that Vaisey girl is such a laugh. Who was that boy who gave us the ride? What was his name? Charlie or something?"

I rolled my eyes. "Or something."

There was a pause and I thought maybe Wren was going to apologize for acting the way she had, and confess that she was just nervous and I would say its all right and we would become grand friends.

But no.

"Anyhoo, me and Vas are gonna hang tomorow with her boyfriend and his chum. Hopefully his friend is cute. Jack is gonna try to get Cain to come by too."

Great. There all hanging out without me.

"You should come." She said casually.

Wow thanks Wren. For inviting me to hangout with MY mates. What an honor. Thanks so frickin much.

"Good night."

. . .

The next morning, I was shaken awake by a very impatient Wren.

"Get up, you log! Were meeting everyone in 40 mins."

I moaned and rolled over.

I checked the time, it was only 6:20. It wasnt even light outside, and the moors were casting an eery green glow thru the fog.

"What the hell. Why are we meeting them so early?"

"Jack's friend is gonna take us out on a boat. Now get changed."

A boat? Why was this the first I heard about this.

I rummaged around in my drawers and produced a forest green bikini.
I liked it because it matched my eyes.

I put it on and threw on shorts and a tank top over it. Then I put on a sweatshirt

I put on some of my new waterproof mascara from Boots, and followed Wren out the door.

We met Vasey at the bus stop and headed down to the warf, to meet the guys.

The bus ride was an hour long, and I was so tired, I fell asleep immediately.

I awoke to the sound of Wren's laughter.