Chapter 19

Thank you for support. I am back for good. Also much thanks to the lovely @Ziva200 for making me this amazing new cover.

Now, back to the story....

I woke up to someone stroking my hair back from my face. It took me a moment to remember where I was and what was currently going on.

"Charlie?" I mumbled.

I heard a sad sigh, and my eyes flew open.

Why was Charlie sad? I wondered.

But no, it wasn't Charlie staring down at me, but Beverly Bottomly.

I abruptly sat up.

"Beverly?! What are you doing here?" I asked, thinly masking my surprise.

"SHHHHHHH." She hissed.

"What are you doing here?" I repeated.

"Keep your voice down, I had to tell the hospital I was your sister so they would even let me see you."

As confusing as this was, there was one question I needed to take care of before anything else.

"What time is it?" I whispered.

"You don't have to whisper anyMORE you idiot. God, you're thick. It's 9:00 am, I think your supposed to be released within the hour." She said, staring down at me patronizingly.

"Oh, uh ok. Beverly you still haven't told me why you're here."

"Oh right." She fluffed her hair.

"Well, as you know me and Cain are good mates, always have been, and were even more at times. So naturally when you pulled that shit on him a couple days ago, he came to me and told me everything. I tried to get his focus on some other things, ya know, but he just kept moping on about you. I told him if he was so in love with you then he should go see you. He took my advice, I mean who wouldn't, and went to your house to find you. When he got there he found your man Charlie looking for you too. That Dibdobs person told them both that you were at the hospital. You with me so far?"

I stared at her in shock and nodded dumbly.

"Well, this is the part I'm a little blurry on so pay attention idiot. So basically Charlie threatened Cain if he came to the hospital, I don't really know what he said but it must have been bad, cause Cain stayed away. This is where I come in."

She paused, and glanced at me to make sure I was paying attention.

Then she continued.

"Cain asked me to sneak into the hospital and give you this letter, since he obviously couldn't give it to you himself."

She paused again, and handed me a crumpled letter, written on binder paper.

I took it and set it down on my bedside table.

"OK ok so I understand why Cain didn't come see me, but why did Charlie go through all the trouble to threaten him if he wasn't gonna visit me either?"
I spoke my thoughts out loud as I tried to peice things together in my head.

"Oh right Ruben and Seth went and roughed up that Charlie pretty bad, that has to be why."

She turned to leave, but stopped at the door.

"God, you really started a full out war." Then, with a shake of her head she turned and left, leaving me alone with Cain letter.