27

~Flora's POV~

When Saturday rolled around, I woke up to find that Knox was still sound asleep beside me for once, as the both of us had the day off. I stretched my limbs and rolled over, cuddling into his side for warmth.

It wasn't very often that I woke up before Knox, mostly because he seemed to have a set schedule, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't nice to be able to wake up and have him actually beside me still. So I took advantage of that, trying not to wake him as I moved his arm around me.

Unfortunately, it seemed I underestimated how heavy of a sleeper he was because he began to stir, causing me to stop and peer up at him cautiously. He tightened his arm around my waist and rolled over, pulling me almost on top of him. I flushed as his eyes fluttered open and he paused, likely processing what was happening. "Oh?" He muttered in a voice still husky from sleep. "Trying to cuddle me again? You must be getting more brave, doll face."

"I'll have you know that I have always been brave." I responded, slightly offended, and he just chuckled as he stretched his arm behind his head. "Trust me, I know." He responded, not bothering to loosen his grip on me or tell me to move. I waited a minute or so for him to do exactly that, but he never did.

"This isn't uncomfortable for you, right?" I asked softly, causing him to furrow his brows in confusion. "Me laying on you like this." I elaborated.

He scoffed and shook his head, pulling me onto him more. "Why would I be uncomfortable?" He said, looking at me as if I were ridiculous. I shrugged my shoulders, allowing my nails to trace random shapes over his bare chest. "Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overstepping, or something..." I said shyly, causing him to raise a brow in disbelief.

"Overstepping?" He echoed in a murmur, gently flipping me over so he was now the one above me. I blinked up at him and felt a blush creep up my neck, a bit taken aback. "You've had your hand around my cock, doll. Why would I thinking you're overstepping?" He teased, the filthy words causing me to clutch tightly to his arms. My eyes trailed over his face and lingered on his lips, wandering down the length of his bare torso. I could've started drooling at the sight of his abs and how broad his shoulders were, how large he felt over me.

"Fair point." I whispered, brushing my hand down his arm. He ducked his head, his warm breath fanning my cheeks, and placed a gentle kiss on my jaw. "I should probably shower." He murmured, to which I frowned.

"Can't we stay like this a little longer?" I asked instead of agreeing, clinging to him. "I never get to wake up with you like this." I pouted, watching as his lips twitched up in an amused smile. He pressed himself into me, leaning enough of his weight on me to feel his skin on me but not so much that I was being crushed by him. "Aw," He said playfully, a smirk growing on his lips. "If you wanted me to yourself, all you ever had to do was ask." He teased.

I narrowed my eyes up at him and he smiled, nuzzling his head in the space between my shoulder and my neck. My heart skipped a beat and I wrapped my arms around him, secretly enjoying the feeling of the muscles in his back while I did. A little smile slipped onto my face and I held him close to me, basking in the safe feeling that was Knox.

We laid there for a while and simply cuddled, up until Knox moved and I reluctantly opened my eyes, the peace having been disturbed. I frowned at him and he smirked, noticing the discontent that I now displayed on my face. "You're a clingy little thing, aren't you?" He hummed, causing me to pause. I stared at him and felt my calm mood deflate, anxiousness taking its place. "I've got to shower." He murmured, not seeming to notice the change in mood. So I released him with reluctance, giving him a small smile when he got out of bed.

The bathroom door clicked shut and then locked behind him when he entered, leaving me alone in his bed. I rolled onto my stomach almost immediately and pressed my face into his pillow, groaning at my own stupidity.

"Why am I such a moron?" I complained to myself, my words muffled and incomprehensible as I said them into the pillow. I had been being clingy, something which he had already told me he didn't like in a woman. Could I have been any more of an idiot? How did I allow that to slip my mind?

Huffing at myself, I groaned again and flipped over onto my back, blankly staring up at the ceiling. "No more being clingy." I whispered to myself as a reminder, shaking my head. "That should be easy enough for me." I said, trying to remain positive.

A sigh left me as I waited for Knox to get out of the shower, my eyes flicking over to him when the bathroom door swung open after a few more minutes passed. He came out, shirtless as he seemed to almost always be these past few days, and sauntered over to plop down on the side of the bed closest to me. I stared at his back, biting my lip as I took the opportunity to ogle him while he wasn't looking. God, was he a fine man. 

After a minute, I sat up and crawled over to him, kissing him on his shoulder as I draped my arms around him. "I'm going to go shower." I told him softly, his large hand clasping one of my wrists when I went to pull away. "Do you want to go do something together today?" He asked me in a murmur, leaning his head back slightly to look at me. I paused, my chest pressing into his back. "Like what?" I responded, uncertain.

Knox paused, causing me to smile to myself as I realized he had no clue either. "How about you think it over while I shower. I'm up for anything." I suggested softly, trailing my fingers absentmindedly between the ridges of his defined abs. "Sounds good to me, doll." He agreed, releasing his hold on my wrist. I patted his stomach and then climbed out of bed, wandering into the bathroom after I picked out what I wanted to wear today.

I took my time in the shower, making sure that I was clean and well shaved before I stepped out, wrapping myself in a towel. Once I was dried off I began to get dressed, pulling up a dark blue denim skirt after putting on my undergarments. My shirt was black and cropped with a white pattern on the front, the dark grey leather jacket that I picked out still sitting on the bed when I exited the bathroom.

Not to my surprise, Knox was also still here, though he had changed into something else and was now laying in bed with his phone in hand. I popped open the container of lotion that I'd brought out of the bathroom with me, sitting down at the end of the bed to begin smoothing it over my freshly shaved legs.

"Did you decide what you want to do today?" I asked as I rubbed lotion into my skin, glancing over at Knox. He watched me, eyeing my legs with a hooded look to his gaze, and then nodded his head. "Yes, though looking at you in that skirt is making me want to spend the day doing something else entirely." He responded gruffly, the clear innuendo making my cheeks flush. Flustered, I turned my face away and stared down at my legs as I continued putting my lotion on. "W-What did you decide on?" I stammered, clearing my throat to try to calm myself. 

"Since neither of us have had breakfast yet, I figured we'd do that first." He said, making my stomach grumble as if on cue. I finished putting on lotion and set the bottle on the bedside table, crawling over to Knox. "And then?" I asked, curious.

"Then I thought we could go to a jewelry making class. I noticed you like wearing jewelry a lot." He said, causing me to perk up in interest. I blinked at him with wide eyes, hoping my excitement wasn't too obvious. "Really?" I couldn't help but to grin, my reaction causing an amused smile to tug on the edges of his lips. 

"Yeah, so finish getting your pretty ass ready. I'm hungry." He told me, rising from the bed. I grinned and shrugged on my leather jacket, pulling on a pair of black pump boots that went up to my shin. "Okay, okay." I grabbed Knox's hand after I spritzed on a bit of perfume, pulling him out of the room. "Let's go!" I chirped.