45

~Flora's POV~

I laid in bed with Knox much later that night, or perhaps morning was a better way to put it.

My head rested comfortably on his chest as I listened to the steady beat of his heart, not daring to move so as not to disturb him from his slumber. He'd fallen asleep about two hours ago, seemingly finally content after all of the time he had spent inside me.

Suddenly he stirred underneath me, causing my eyes to flick up to focus on his handsome, calm features. He tightened his arm around my waist and groaned quietly as he pulled me into his side more, eyes suddenly fluttering open. I watched as he took a second to look around the room, as if he was remembering where he was, and smiled slightly when he finally focused on me. The way his body relaxed under me made my heart flutter.

"Hey there, doll face." He hummed, voice still husky from sleep. I cuddled closer, tangling my leg between his. "Hi." I responded softly. "Did I wake you up?" I asked with the slightest of a frown. He gave a quick shake of his head and smoothed his palm down my spine, cupping my butt comfortably in his hand. "No." He muttered. "Have you been awake this whole time?" He wondered, to which I responded with a nod.

Knox stretched his other arm up and tucked it behind his head, making his bicep bulge. His brown eyes flicked around and found the clock, widening slightly when he saw what time it was. "Fuck," He cursed. "It's this late already?" He sighed, furrowing his brows as he stared at the clock a few more seconds like that would change the numbers shown on it. I looked over as well and saw that it was already close to four AM.

"Damn it." He sighed. "Gabriela is probably going to be back at my place pretty soon." He grunted, disdain clear in his voice at the idea, almost causing me to smile. Thankfully, I managed not to, by some miracle.

However, I frowned when I realized what that meant. "I'm guessing you have to go now, then?" I asked, peering up at him.

And just as I expected, he nodded his head reluctantly, frowning. "Unfortunately, doll." He muttered. It seemed he didn't want to leave yet either, which made me feel just the tiniest bit better.

He rose from my bed reluctantly, boxers hanging low on his hips as he brushed his fingers through his hair. I sat up and held my blanket against my naked chest as I watched him from behind, secretly sulking a little inside. Even though Gabriela's intrusion into his apartment wasn't ideal, I was at least glad that I'd had him to myself last night, for what seemed like the first time in a while.

Grabbing his sweats from the floor, he tugged them up and then turned to face me after he swiftly scooped up his shirt as well. His arms flexed as he fixed the inside out shirt, my gaze unable to help but to linger on his rippling abs when he tugged the top over his head. I pouted when he slid his arms through it, pulling the fabric down over his skin completely.

Seeming to find amusement in my reaction, a smile tugged onto his lips. "Just can't help checking me out, can you?" He teased with a playful glint in his eyes, striding back over to the bed. I peered up at him when he came to a stop on the side of the bed I was on, cocking a brow. "Like I'm the only one." I huffed, knowing how often he did the exact same to me, even during work hours.

A chuckle left him and he leaned over suddenly, pressing his large hand into the mattress to support his weight as his face hovered closely above mine. I felt a flush creep up my neck and fought against the urge to clench my thighs at the memory of him hovering over me last night, much like this position.

"Shouldn't you be going?" I said suddenly, knowing if he didn't leave soon then I'd be tempted to get him back in my bed again.

Knox raised his brows. "Sick of me already, doll?" He asked, feigning sad with a pout. I bit my lip and gently gripped the back of his neck, pulling him down to press a deep kiss against his mouth. It was clear by the way he paused before returning the kiss that I had caught him by surprise. He groaned against my lips and I forced myself to pull away, fingers playing absentmindedly in his hair. Our eyes met and he searched my gaze, breathing heavily. "I'll take that as a no." He murmured, swiping his tongue across his bottom lip as if searching for the taste of my mouth still on his.

He then pushed off the bed, standing to his full height again, and glanced at the clock with a sigh. "I'll see you later, doll face." He told me in a hum, grabbing his phone before he kissed me again. I smiled and pushed him back lightly, shooing him away.

When he was gone, silence echoed through my apartment once more and I sighed as I rolled myself into my blankets. I pressed my cheek against the pillows and began to try to doze off, wishing the wrap of blankets around me was Knox's body.

Piercing Hatred | ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara