13

~Flora's POV~

"Fucking asshole." I grumbled under my breath as I glared at Knox from where he posed across the room, hating him for how hot he was and how right he had been. I wished he wasn't so attractive, and I wished that he didn't see through me the way that he did.

Yes, I had my opinion of him and I obviously didn't like him, but did he have to make me seem so childish? Did he have to rub in my face that he saw me as less than him just because my hate for him was one-sided?

"Flora." Odette said, tapping me on the shoulder. I jolted and spun around, my back straightening as I met her gaze. "Y-Yeah?" I unintentionally stuttered, panicking inside as I wondered if she had noticed my glaring and muttering beneath my breath towards Knox. I'm supposed to be playing nice! Damn it.

However, she just smiled at me, completely unaware, and I almost exhaled in relief. "Knox wanted something from Panera, if you don't mind going to get it. I have his order written here." She said, holding out a sticky note for me to take. I paused, surprised, and hesitated before I took the sticky note from her. The last thing I wanted to do was literally anything for Knox, but this was my job, so I did it anyways.

I left the building and huffed as I got in Knox's car, having stolen his keys on the way out, and purposely slammed the door harder than was really needed. He wouldn't see it, of course, and it wouldn't do any damage, but it did make me feel a little better.

The drive to Panera was a little longer than usual because of traffic, seeing as it was lunch time, so I was relieved when I got his food and headed back to the building the shoot was held in. I let the door slam shut behind me as I lugged the bag of food inside, making my way down the now weirdly empty hall. A frown formed on my face when I found that there seemed to be almost nobody around now. Even Odette was gone!

Confused, I looked at the time on my phone and saw that I had only been gone for about forty minutes. Where the hell had everyone gone off to?!

"Odette?" I called, panicking slightly. I had come here with her, so she was my only ride back home. She wouldn't leave me here without even saying anything to me. At least, I hoped not. I continued down the hall, looking for any familiar face, but found nobody.

"Goddamn it." I scowled to myself and swiped on my phone, scrolling through my contacts for someone to call. Then I realized that I had no friends, no family nearby that could pick me up. "You've got to be kidding me." I sighed, turning around to head back down the hall that I had just come from. I'd probably have to find a bus to take back to my apartment, since nobody was even here anymore.

A scream escaped me when I saw Knox just standing behind me, almost stumbling over my own feet as I placed my hand over my chest. "What on earth are you doing? Don't just sneak up on someone like that, Knox!" I scolded, pushing at his chest as I shot him a scowl. He smirked, his dark hair falling over his forehead as he cocked his head to the side. "Aw, did I frighten you?" He teased. "Who knew that scary little Flora could scream like that." He laughed, the teasing tone of his voice causing my cheeks to burn with embarrassment. "Yes, you'll obviously scare me if you creep up out of nowhere, idiot." I grumbled, shoving the bag of food at him. "And I'm not scary." I added.

Knox took the food with a raised brow and looked down into the bag. "So that's where you've been. You went to get me food." He noted, glancing up at me again. I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned my weight onto one foot, propping my hip out. "Well, Odette told me to, and it's not like I can tell my boss no, can I?" I said, frowning. "But now she left me here with you, so that's great." I remarked dryly.

"No ride home?" He asked me, not bothering to address my insult. I was sure they just rolled off of him like water by now, really.

"Unfortunately, no. I came here with Odette." I told him, huffing out a sigh. He paused and brushed a large hand through his hair, pushing the slightly messy strands back. "You realize I can just give you a ride. We do live across from each-other, doll face, or did that slip your mind?" He hummed, lifting a brow playfully.

I stared at him and almost scowled when I realized why Odette hadn't bothered to inform me before leaving. She had obviously known this would happen, that sneaky girl. Damn her.

"Somehow I doubt that could ever slip my mind, Knox." I sighed, only making him roll his eyes. He just shook his head and grabbed my wrist, pulling me behind him as he started down the hall. "Come on, let's get going. I'd like to get home so I can eat my food." He said. I tried to shake his hand off, not finding it necessary for him to be holding me, but he just kept on pulling me along behind him.

My cheeks warmed but I kept quiet and let him drag me along, following him out to his car, which I had parked exactly where it had been before I drove it. "I'm guessing you've got my keys, yeah?" He asked, releasing my wrist once we stood beside his car. "Oh, yes. Right." I said, having completely forgotten. I dug into the pocket of my jacket and pulled out his keys, holding them out to him. "Here." I mumbled, practically snatching my hand away when his fingers brushed against mine. His brow lifted when he noticed, but he didn't say anything about it.

The two of us got into his car and I sat quietly in the passenger's seat as he began to drive, holding his bag of food in my lap so that he didn't have to worry about it spilling while he drove. I suppose it was the least that I could do, considering he was driving me home.

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the day?" He wondered, casting me a curious glance. I shook my head, absentmindedly tapping my foot as I stared out the window. "No." I answered simply. "I'll probably just order some pizza or something, watch a movie or two." I said, shrugging my shoulders. There wasn't much for me to do today, now that I was off of work for the rest of the day. Not that there was anything that I really wanted to do, either, aside from relax.

He hummed and pulled into the parking lot of our apartment complex, exiting the car at the same time as me. I heard the car chirp as he locked it and quietly walked alongside him into the building, heading up to our apartment floor together.

"Here." I said as we neared my apartment, handing him his food once again as I realized I was still holding the bag. He took it and I unlocked my front door after digging my keys from my jacket pocket, hearing him do the same at his own front door. I let the door swing open slightly before I hesitantly turned around and stared at his broad back, debating whether or not I wanted to say something to him or just head inside my apartment.

I approached him before I even knew what I was doing, my fingers gently poking him in the back to get his attention. His door swung open as well and he turned around with a confused look on his face, peering down at me with those intense eyes. Flustered and a little embarrassed, I glanced off to the side, studying the floor like it was the most interesting thing I'd ever seen. "Something the matter?" He asked when I hesitated to speak.

A huff left my lips and I internally wanted to curse him for how flustered I was over something so little, so stupid. My eyes flicked up to meet his, though with slight reluctance. "You didn't have to drive me home, even though we live across from one another. I've been mean and you could've just left me without a ride, so..." I felt my cheeks burn and I pursed my lips. I didn't think I'd be here again, but here I was.

"Thank you." I grumbled, not missing the way his lips twitched in amusement at my reluctance to spit the words out. "What was that, doll face? You're mumbling." He hummed, a playful sparkle in his eyes.

Not appreciating his teasing, I scowled and poked him in the chest. "You're annoying." I snapped, simply earning a chuckle from him. I inhaled and blew out a breath with a roll of my eyes, taking a step away. "I said thank you." I repeated, louder so he couldn't fucking tease me like he just had. "Aw, how sweet of you. Aren't you just full of surprises today?" He teased me anyways, causing me to glare and turn around, having had enough.

As if knowing that he'd pushed me too much, he gripped my arm before I could leave, pulling me back. I turned and smacked at his arm, not wanting to hear what else he had to say, but he grabbed my arm and smiled at me. A genuine smile that caught my breath and had me staring up at him like an idiot, slightly startled. Knox hadn't truly smiled at me like that for a long time and, for a moment, I wanted to allow myself to have more moments to see it again. For a moment, I wondered what it'd be like if I forgave him.

My cheeks began to burn hot and I jerked away, stunned by my own thoughts. I stared at him for a second longer before I turned around and hauled into my apartment, slamming the door behind me.