Fading

As my mom looked into my eyes I knew she was really here with me. A single tear slipped from my eyes and she pulled me into her arms and held me, simultaneously all the pain and worry I had for her slipped away little by little until there was nothing of it left.

"Gosh mom I was so worried!" I cried.

"I know Renesmee I know I felt it as you showed me your memories. I guess that gave me the strength to come back to you." Once she released me she turned her head just as my father sat at our side. "Edward." She smiled.

"Bella, everything is okay. You are fine." I watched the look on my fathers face as he gazed at my mother. That was the same look I saw on Jake when he looked at me. Only difference was my mother felt the same while I didn't. 

I frowned.

"Renesmee what is it?" My mother said as she looked at me.

I gave a slight shrug of my shoulders. "I was just thinking about Jacob. Last night he told me he loved me."

My father cut me off. "Please Renesmee just wait a little while longer before you both decide to take your relationship to the next level. Especially after today."

"What happened today?" My mother asked. "What did I miss?"

I felt my face flush red at the memory.

"Our daughter officially became a woman." My father said bitterly. "Which makes my request that much important. Carlisle thinks that because you are half vampire you will be super fertile. That means your chances of becoming pregnant are atleast three times as greater then a normal human."

"Yes, Renesmee I don't think you are mentally ready for any of the adult responsibilities yet. I would prefer you to not date." My mother added.

I rose to my feet with my arms crossed. "You can't tell me not to date. I'm a woman." I said under my breath.

"You are still a child!" my father responded, pinching the space between his eyebrows as if he was trying to move past a headache.

"I AM NOT!" I stomped my foot. "I can handle this mom, dad, you just have to trust me." Jake entered the room, his eyes moved straight to Bella and he smiled. "Last night Jake and I slept together."

I watched my fathers eyes open before he launched himself across the room. He shoved Jake up against the wall and pinned him there. His teeth were barred as a series of growls emitted from deep within him. My father was very mad. But why?

"Dad what are you doing!" I screamed.

As I moved to help Jacob my mother grabbed me and held me in place.

"YOU DEFLOWERED MY DAUGHTER!" My father shouted.

The only time I had ever heard my father like this was when I was still inside my mothers stomach. I had accidentally broken my mothers ribs when I moved to roughly and my father was upset that my mother was choosing death and my life over being with him.

"What?" Jake said, his tone was flooded with confusion. Then he looked at me and make the connection of what I had said to my fathers reaction. "NO! Edward, man, that never happened. We just slept in the same bed. We didn't do anything I swear. Read my mind."

My father glared at Jake and then after a few seconds his body relaxed. Then after a moment he released Jake who put some serious distance between himself and my father.

"Ness, next time choose your words wisely."

"Sorry." I said as my mother released me. "Mom, dad, Jake is my choice, my choice, not yours." I moved to stand beside him. "I'm going to be with him and you are going to accept it or risk losing me. Forever." I added for a greater affect.

"Renesmee, when you become a mother you will understand." My mother tried to explain.

"I don't want to be a mother. I just want to be me and be happy, that's all."

Jake cleared his throat nervously. "Bella, I don't mean to rehash the past here but remember when you were once Ness- Renesmee. Everyone was telling you that you shouldn't be with Edward but you just wanted to be happy. If you would have listened you would've missed out on the best thing to ever happen to you."

"But." My mother said.

"He's right Bella." My father said.

"No he's not. That is completely beside the point. I never said this will never happen I just said wait a little while."

"Which also brings up another memory of me asking you to do the same. You just wanted to start your new life."

"Still the principles of both situations are different. I was a high school graduate."

"So how about we make a deal with-"

I screamed in agitation. "No damn deals!" I felt my face flush in embarrassment at the use of the foul word. "If you try and blindside my life with your secrets I will leave and never come back. This is my life and I won't have you run it. Yes, I love you, mom and dad, but I'm growing up and I wish you'd cut me some slack and treat me like you'd want to be treated if you were in my position."

Both my parents were silent as I turned on my heel and strode from the room. I went straight to my bedroom and began packing a bag with my necessities. The last thing I put in it was my emergency file that contained another set of documents that made me out to be 22 instead of a teenager. This was made just incase I needed to fend for myself if something happened to my family. Jakes was in there as well, he was 24. Along in the file was a thick envelope of money, at least twenty grand worth of one hundred dollar bills with the information for a security vault that had another couple million left so only I could access it.

After I had finished packing I grabbed my jacket and left my room.

"Renesmee, where are you going?" My mother asked desperately.

Before I could respond my father grabbed my hand to stop me. "You are not going anywhere Renesmee."

"Let go of me daddy." I growled. My eyes were full of anger as I glared at him.

"Edward." My mother placed her hand on his shoulder. "If we don't let her go we will lose her forever."

After a few seconds my father dropped his arm. "Jacob?"

"He's going with me and there is nothing you can do to stop me." I looked at Jake. "I'll be downstairs by the door to the basement, grab your things and meet me there."

I looked at my mother and father. "Yeah, I found out the secret passage way into the city. It's where I went last night, by myself. You say I can't handle myself but I did on my own in the city at night." I pursed my lips and then turned on my heel before I started down the stairs.

It wasn't until I was standing in the foyer did I realize everyone in the house was listening in on our exchanged words. Every eye was on me and the awful things I spoke to my parents.

When Jake was finally done packing I watched him slumping towards the stairs. On his way down my father met him at his side and slipped him something that he quickly stowed away without a second of hesitation. When he was at my side I reached for the door handle to the basement but Jake took my hand and pulled me in the direction of the backyard.

"I'm not walking all the way into town."

"And you are not taking my daughter on Emmett's reconstructed wave riders. Take the boat." My father said through gritted teeth.

I had to give it to him, even though he didn't like the situation he was doing everything he could to prove how much he cared about me. That made me feel a little bad at how I handled myself and what I said.

"Thanks." I blushed as we turned to head towards the front door.

Just before we passed the threshold Jake took my bag into his hand and carried it for me. When we got on the boat and the engine started I saw my mother cowering into the chest of my father. Both Esme and Carlisle seemed to be trying to comfort them but I knew it was a hopeless attempt. The only child my parents would ever have just turned her back on them for faux love.

As the boat sped away I kept thinking to myself, what have I done? Was this the right thing to do or was this all a mistake. Better yet, was I doing this for myself or for Jake.