That house isn't a home

My eyes were crushed closed as I laid in the hospital bed. All around me I could hear voices, lots of voices, only they didn't make any sense. They were all whispering. Just whispering. I brought my hand up to my ears and did my best to block out everything but it didn't work.

"Daddy!" I whined. "Make it stop."

The coolness of his hands were felt on my forehead and then the humming of my lullaby began.

"Just relax Renesmee your mother and I are here."

An unfamilar cough shook me and I jolted. My eyes flew open in shock and I hissed defensively.

"Are you okay Renesmee? I didn't mean to scare you." It was Tyler.

I blinked. Tyler was still here. Wait. He was always here now that I remembered it. I blushed and looked up at my father expecting him to be upset about hanging out with a boy.

"He's a good kid." He murmered low enough so he couldn't hear.

I nodded my head. "He's a good friend." I thought back.

My father smiled and then turned to look at Tyler who tensed up.

"Thank you for what you did for our daughter. She is everything to us."

"No problem Mr. Cullen."

"Call me Edward."

Then Tylers phone began ringing and he quickly answered it. Here came the shouting again. I watched Tyler raise to his feet and step outside the door.

"Dad I'm just at the hospital okay. My friend got sick so I am just making sure she is okay." I heard the jumbled shouting again. "I know its not my responsiblity but I actually care okay. I'll see you when I get home." he must've hung up because there was silence -except the whispers in my head. Then he stepped back inside.

I watched as he took a seat in the chair he had just previously sat in.

My father turned to look at him. "Is everything all right?"

Tyler nodded. "Family problems." He mumbled under his breath before blushing.

My father turned back around and continued humming my lullaby.

"Tyler you don't have to stay here. I'm fine." I told him.

"I don't want to go."

"Honestly, my mother and father are here."

Tyler shrugged. "I'll stay. It's okay."

"Do you need a ride home? We can take you." My mother said as she entered the room. She looked over at my father. "They are finishing up with some papers and then they are going to discharge her."

Tyler's face seemed to grow pained. "Uh I don't know." his voice seemed edgy. What was wrong with him? Was it me?

"Have you called your father Bella?" My father said. "Tell him we might be a little late for dinner."

My eyes flickered up to the clock on the wall. It was only five-thirty in the evening. I thought it was later then that.

"Actually my dad's cruiser has a flat in it and he can't get it fixed until tomorrow so the dinner is cancled." My mother said as she crossed the room and took a seat opposite my father.

Over the next ten minutes my RN came in and gave me my discharge papers. Then we were on our way out the door. I sighed once I breathed in the cool crisp air.

"I'll go and pull up the car." My father said before walking off.

"Wait right here okay Renesmee I need to talk to your father." My mother said before she jogged -human speed- to my fathers side and matched his stride. They disappeared around the corner.