Shouting

One by one Tyler and I went to our classes. Sitting in our final math class together I stared at the clock waiting anxiously for the final minute to end. Then the final bell rang and I cooley began hastily putting my things away, trying not to look too desperate to get out of class. Once I had all my things put away I rose to my feet and told Tyler I'd wait outside for him.

"Are you ready?" Tyler said as he one-strapped his back pack over his shoulder.

I nodded my head. I couldn't believe I was hanging out with someone. Especially when that someone was a friend. And a boy. Weird... When did I start liking boys? Wait, maybe it was just because he was my first friend that wasn't Jacob or grandpa or my aunts and uncles. Yeah thats it.

I walked beside him to the parking lot.

"So do you drive?" he glanced sideways at me.

I nodded my head. "Yeah-" I lied. I didn't know yet but I would know this weekend. "I don't have a car though."

"Why?"

Why didn't I have a car? I needed to think of a good reason and fast!

"Uh car accident." I said quickly.

"When? Did you get hurt?" his forehead creased.

I shook my head. "It was during Christmas when we were visiting family in Alaska. My uncle wanted to test drive it and drove it into a ditch." I smirked thinking of uncle Emmett. That's for hurting my feelings during the baseball game which I won for us.

"Bummer."

I shrugged my shoulders. I really hated lying. Why do I have to lie... especially to my first friend since my life started.

"It's whatever. For now atleast I have my driver." I said casually.

We were near the front of the school where Roxette had dropped me off. There sitting in the same spot was the limosuine.

I stopped and turned to Tyler. "Do you want a ride?"

"Sure."

I walked across the lawn to the limosuine. Just as I was three feet away Roxette opened it. I climbed inside and then he followed.

When the door closed the interior lights came on and Tyler let out a long low whistle.

"Wow!" He breathed.

"I know right."

We chatted more on our way to the mall. Tyler asked if I had another other siblings and I said no but added my twin cousins from my aunt and uncle Emmett and Rosalie. He in turn confessed that he was an only child because his mother and sister died for reasons he didn't delve into.

When we pulled up outside the mall Roxette opened the door for us and explained to me that my mother and father should be along fairly soon. I thanked her and then we headed inside.

Tyler pulled out his phone as it began to ring. "Dad?" He murmered.

"Where the fuck are you!" I heard his father shout into the end of the phone.

Tyler glanced at my shocked expression and held up his index finger before he walked several yards to our left.

"Dad I'm at the mall."

There was a long pause and Tyler's expression was pained. I wish I had perfect hearing like my father and mothers so then I would still be able to hear what was being said to him.

"I'm sorry dad. Please...."

Another pause.

"Okay... bye." He hung up the phone and took a seat on the bench to his left.