Plans

After my friends left that evening I decided it would be a good idea to get my homework out of the way. I had sat down at my desk only to realize my book bag wasn't there. One by one I reaccounted for every move I made since I got home from school. Still no place imperticular came to mind, except maybe one. My parents bedroom.

Rising up from my desk I left my bedroom and headed down the hall. I knocked twice.

"Mom, dad?" I called as I stared at the faint ornate patterns that were carved into the wooden door.

"Come in Renesmee." I heard my father reply back.

I took in a deep breath as I reached out for the doorknob and opened the door. Pushing the door back slowly I froze as I got the partial view of my parents room from where I stood at the threshold.

Wait... what the heck am I doing? Why on earth did I act like this when it came to entering my parents room. They are my parents after all.

Rolling my eyes at my ludicrous behavor I entered the room and began scanning the room for my father. He was sitting behind his desk going over some paperwork.

"I left my backpack up here." I said, to give reason to why I was in their room.

My father pointed to the spot on the floor beneath the family portrait without even glancing up. He must be pretty busy.

I quickly walked over to my backpack and picked it up before slinging it over my shoulder. As I headed back to the bedroom door I froze. My fathers expression seemed frustrated.

"Dad, is everything okay?" I asked curiously as I made a detour to his desk.

His eyes fluttered briefly before he sighed, set the paper down that he was reading, and forced a smile as he looked up at me. "I'm fine I was just going over to events calender for the music department of the school. Next Friday we have the "Welcome Back" Concert and I'm not sure if the Orchestra and Choir will have had the proper amount of practice they needed together in order to perform the way they need to."

I set my bag down and then picked up the papers he was looking at. After a few seconds I set them back down. "We have nothing going on this third or fourth week so push the "Welcome Back" Concert back a week or two and change the name to something that fits." I suggested.

"That still leaves a slot needing to be filled this next Friday. Everything for that day has been paid for."

"Do a talent show for the Choir and Orchestra. Award prizes or something and let people choose whether they want to be apart of it and what they want to do for it."

My father's eyes glazed over as I saw him turning over the idea in his mind. Then he smiled. "That is a wonderful idea, Renesmee." He pressed a button on his computer and I watched it wake up before he began typing something that looked like an updated news letter.

I stooped down to recollect my bookbag and then headed out the door. "I'm going to go and practice my talent." I chuckled before I left the room, taking care to close the door behind me.

This would be exciting. A talent show. This would be my first ever so it had to be good. Only problem is what would I do?

My bedroom door opened and in walked my mother. I smiled almost immeadiately. "Renesmee, get ready for bed." She said to me as she began walking around my room and causually straightening things up here and there to make it look more orderly.

"Why?" I frowned slightly. "I was just about to start with my homework."

"It's almost your bedtime and I want to make sure you get enough hours of rest."