Chapter 6: Madison Square Garden

I struggled to stay awake during our phone meeting with Jeff the next day and Harry kept throwing balled up pieces of ripped up paper at me causing me to glare at him.

When the meeting was done, he asked if I could go and grab him a salad from the first day for later and I agreed, craving the chicken pesto sandwich from the last time.

I made my way down the now familiar blocks until I got to the little restaurant. It was early and I was one of the few people in here ordering their lunch ahead of time. When I got to the register James the owner was ringing people up again.

I got to the front, and he looked at me then did a double take, "Hey, it's the first timer. Um, don't tell me...Chris...Krystal...no, Christy?"

I laughed and nodded, "Yes and yes. And yes to that also being the best chicken pesto I've ever had." I smiled small.

"I told you. So how much longer you got here?" He said as he entered my order into the register.

"Umm, couple weeks. I'm here for work so."

He smiled, "Any job that brings people here is by far the best job."

I nodded, "I have to agree with you on that one."

I saw my total appear on the screen and handed him my card. He handed it back with the receipt and I smiled, "Well, thank you. I'll more than likely be back, my boss also happened to really enjoy his salad. Have a good day."

I was almost out the door when I heard him call out my name, "Christy, wait."

I turned to see him coming out from behind the register, walking up to me, "Uh, see, I had this played out in my head."

I chuckled a bit, "And what is that exactly?"

"I don't normally do this, but something is telling me I really need to take you out to dinner." He raised an eyebrow smiling softly.

I felt slightly taken aback, because well, this never really happened to me. I wasn't exactly that girl. I was the one, that was friendly, and made the corny jokes, the friend.

"Um, I." I bit my lip and took a deep breath, "Um, you know what, sure."

"Really? Wow. That feels great. I've never done that before. Uh, okay, so I guess this is where I ask for your number?" He chuckled softly and I nodded.

"That's what I see happen in movies anyways." I laughed and he handed me his phone. I took it from him entering my name and number, "Uh, I work, these next two nights. But um, I'm free Monday night."

"Good to know." He smiled, "You'll be hearing from me."

"Looking forward to it." I smiled looking down as I turned around and made my way out the door.

Man, if he doesn't call, I'm never going to get to enjoy this pesto sandwich ever again.

We got to MSG and I sat on the stage cross legged  eating my sandwich, as Harry ran laps up and down the stairs of the lower arena.

"This sandwich is really good Har, but you are doing great sweetie!" I called out and he stopped to glare at me.

"Fuck off!" He called out and I couldn't help but cackle as Jeff joined me.

"Glad to see you two get along." He smiled.

"Yeah, he's alright so far. Thanks again Jeff, for hiring me. This has all been so amazing so far." I smiled and he nodded.

"Hey with that resume, you earned it. Did you enjoy the show the other night? Harry told me about it."