Chapter 2: Dessert and Drinks

I had a white halter bodysuit and my favorite black Aritzia leather pants on. Simple white heels on my feet. My light brown hair was curled at one point, but had now fallen out, and was just slightly wavy. I wore just mascara and my brows for make up, not bothering with much else. I wasn't by any means a beauty queen like every woman that kept walking into this restaurant, but I felt confident.

I had managed to get here early by convincing myself that dinner was at 4:30. I felt silly standing around alone, but I rather that then making Jeff and Harry wait for me.

After a while of standing around I decided to make my way over to the bar. I texted Jeff that I was here and waiting in that area. I ordered myself a Moscow mule and sipped on it while I waited.

J: Christina. I won't be able to make it but Harry should be arriving shortly, I told him you'd be at the bar. Just let him know it's you.

C: Got it.

Great. This will be interesting.

I thought to myself as I looked around the entrance waiting for Harry to walk in. When he finally did, you couldn't miss him. He was wearing a print shirt and basic tan pants. His hair was disheveled, but some how managed to look perfectly in place at the same time.

God. How do I even go about this? Do I just go up to him? Do I wave him down? No, that'll make me look weird.

I turned back to the bar and took a deep breath and long sip of my drink, before turning back to find him again. I watched as he checked his phone, making his way over to the bar. He looked up and scanned the bar, his glance passing over me then quickly back, raising both his eyebrows.

I waved small, pressing my lips into what I hoped was a smile. He began his walk over to me and stood at the bar next to me.

"What a small world. What are you doing here?"

I took a deep breath and bit my lip, "Meeting you actually. I'm your new personal assistant." I said waving small jazz hands near my face.

"You're shitting me?" He said, a small laugh escaping his lips.

"Nope, signed the NDA yesterday morning." I said, shrugging.

"Did you tell Jeff about meeting me on the plane," he said sitting down at the stool next to me.

"No. I...I was scared he would fire me or something." I laughed shaking my head at how ridiculous I sounded.

He laughed, "You wouldn't get fired over a situation you couldn't control."

"I know, but you're my first like, A-List boss. I don't know how this works." I bit my lip.

"Please don't call me your boss. We just, have a working relationship." He smiled waving over the bartender.

"Okay, sounds good. Um, do you want to go head over to the table?" I said as the bartender made his way over.

"Nah, too formal. I already know you and Jeff isn't here. I don't mind sitting at the bar." He smiled as the bartender approached us, "Could you possibly let the hostess know that the dinner reservation for Jeff is staying at the bar, and can I get a tequila and grapefruit and another of whatever the lady is drinking."

The bartender nodded and smiled, "Right away sir."

"So how does it feel to know you don't have to deal with a prick?" He smirked at me.

"I mean technically I don't know that yet. You could do a complete 180 on me." I shrugged and he laughed.

"Yeah, and that comment would of probably got you fired if I was."