Chapter 21 - Clean Slate.

Rosemary, Charles, John, and Robert were all crossed off of the list. We had a few more people to go, but we never read everyone on there. We always read the next name after, and then we moved on. Robert was still and remained at the top of our list. Next on our list was Jesse Jackson. THE Jesse Jackson. The man who'd been trying to be the first black president for the longest. To find all of these people, I kept in touch with the man at the bar who gave me this paper a year earlier. His name was John Goodman.

Even though I was doing all of this for revenge for Mrs. Donaldson, it seems like it didn't solve anything. It seemed like we would just kill, move on, and call it a day. Not only that, but me or Melvin weren't spending as much time with Amy as parents were supposed to. Often, she would ask me could friends come over because she felt so lonely. Each time, I felt guilty for putting her life at risk. It wasn't right.

I'd had enough. I finally decided to tell Melvin that I was done.

"Melvin.." I mumbled as I ate dinner with him at our home.

"Yes?"

"I'm done. Y'know, with all of this 'killing' stuff." I said as I scrunched up my lips.

Melvin stopped eating, then looked up at me in a slight angry way.

"What?" He barked.

"I'm done with this 'killing' stuff." I repeated. "I'm tired of it. I'm tired of it all."

"So 'you don't want to get revenge on the people who killed my mother anymore' is what you're saying?" Melvin asked in a grim tone.

"I never said tha-"

"That's what you're basically saying!" Melvin said in a loud tone.

"Melvin, this type of shit is dangerous!" I shouted. "Andrew is in jail, you have people harrassing me everyday, and you're wanted for the murder of the most powerful man in the country! When are you gonna realize that this is enough?"

"I don't care! My mother was my everything, and nothing's going to change that!" Melvin barked.

"So you're saying that you don't care if something happens to Amy?"

"Amy's going to be fine." Melvin growled as he went back to eating.

I couldn't believe how stubborn he was acting and it was so rediculous. I folded my arms and looked at him in pure disgust.

"Melvin, I want a ticket for me and Amy to leave and get out of here." I demanded.

"Marilyn, you sound crazy." Melvin laughed with food all inside of his mouth.

"No. I mean it." I nodded.

"You and Amy aren't go anywhere." Melvin said in a stern tone. "And that's the end of this conversation."

"Melvin i'm not kidding!" I shouted in a stern tone. "I want a ticket for me and Amy! Now!"

"And you thought that I was?!" Melvin shouted back as he stood in my face. "I said that you two aren't going anywhere and that's not a threat! That's a promise!"

"Well you know what, I'll just stay in a hotel with Amy until you decide to buy me and her a flight to safety!" I barked as I stormed up the stairs.

"Yeah okay. You'll be back in a few days." Melvin's scoffed.

I walked upstairs and calmly walked into Amy's room. She was still afraid of people coming in our home because of the other day.

"Amy?" I smiled.