Chapter 16 - Us.

I flew back home the next day and got to my actual house by sunset. I'd gotten my $1,000 check for Melvin, however he had no clue how. Even though I could tell him without him figuring out how I got it, I was going to tell him anyway. As a wife, I had no choice. It was the right thing to do, and the only way to keep a clean marriage is to be nothing but honest with each other.

I arrived home and walked through the door, only to be greeted by an excited Amy. She jumped off of the couch and screamed "mommy" while she hugged my legs. I hugged her back and watched Melvin walk down the stairs, walk up to me, and give me a heartfelt kiss.

"How was the trip?" Melvin asked.

"It was fine.." I lied as I looked down, then looked back up at him. "Listen, I need to talk to you."

"Alright."

I told Amy to go up to her room for a minute while me and Melvin talked. We walked over to our dining room table, and sat down as I handed him the $1000 dollar check. He smiled and examined it, while he looked back up at me.

"From.....from the president?" Melvin cheered.

"Yes. It's for the bills."

"Oh my god, Marilyn!" Melvin cheered as he gave me a large hug, then glanced back down at the check. "Thank you! Thank you so much! You're amazing!"

"But I didn't tell you how I got it-"

"Well who cares how you got it, babe?" Melvin laughed. "We finally have something to pay these bills off!"

"No, Melvin." I said as I closed my eyes, and placed my palm on the top of his hand. "It's important."

"Well, how'd you get it?" Melvin asked.

I paused and took a deep breath, before letting out those gut-wrenching words.

"I slept with the president, BUT I only did it for us!" I said in a nervous tone as I jumped in my seat a little.

Melvin's face went from joyful to angry in a split second. I knew that there were no turning back those words that I just said.

"What do you mean you "slept" with the president?" Melvin said in an angry tone.

"We had sex, but I was only doing it for us-"

"Wow. Wow." Melvin scoffed as he stood up, placed his tongue on the side of his mouth, and looked down. I lifted out of my seat and placed my hands on the top of his shoulders.

"Baby listen-"

"No don't "baby listen" me, Marilyn!" Melvin shouted.

"Melvin, I only did it for us!" I begged. "I couldn't risk you and Amy being thrown out in the street! I just couldn't!"

"I told you that I would get us some money as well!" Melvin growled. "But instead you sleep with a man that you don't even know to get it?"

"I was thinking of you and Amy at the time!"

"No that's complete bull, Marilyn. Because if you were, you wouldn't have done it in the first place!"

Then I seen Melvin look over at the door. He looked down and walked over to the table, grabbing the keys. Right then and there, I started panicking.

"Melvin, you're not going to leave, are you?" I asked in a shaky tone.

He didn't answer me. He kept his eyes on me, then glanced at the door.

"Melvin..." I said as stood up, vision blurred from upcoming tears.

Then he started walking. I ran in front of him and stopped him as he gave me a disgusted look.