𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆.

-Years later,Snezhnaya-
"The sages think themselves to be all knowing.But we alone are wise to the virtue in those acts of folly.In this war,not even a single pawn may be spared..Because on this chessboard,'Checkmate' is not where the game ends"

Damslette's beautiful voice fills the cold,freezing cathedral.

"We are gathered here today to remember our dear comrade.In honor of her sacrifice,all work should halt for half a day as the nation mourns her passing"

"Heh,merely half a day..People say the Northland Bank's true currencies are blood and tears.But Mayor,even speaking as a banker,that sounds a little unconscionable"

"Rosalyne died in a foreign land..but you heartless businessman and dignitaries always with a convenient excuse to remain in the comfort of your homeland.You couldn't hope to understand..so why don't you keep your mouths shut! We don't want to make the children cry.."

"Hey c'mon now.Even I don't think this is a right time or place for a fight"

"Utterly risible!"

"Though her methods tarnished her honor,Lohefalter's sacrifice is great pity.Her loss shall not hinder our progress.But Dottore..What of Scaramouche and the Gnosis from Inazuma?"

"Conventional wisdom holds that Divine Knowledge cannot be rationally comprehended.After conquering the Divine Gaze,he will make his first move"

"It's time to end tonight's foolish theatrics.Right now,you have no captive audience.Let every worthy sacrifice be carved in ice,and with this nation endure for all time.In the name of Her Majesty,The Tsaritsa,we will seize authority from the gods"

"Absolute peace.Such is the gift from the Tsaritsa,such is her Majesty's benevolence.Now you rest in this coffin,encased layer upon layer of ice.But Rosalyne,I promise you..Your final resting place will be the entirety of the 'Old World'.."

Every Harbinger said their words for their dear comrade's death.Y/n was sitting on a chair in the cold cathedral,watching the Fatui Harbingers say their words.

It's not easy to lose someone you've worked so long with.Someone you grew close with and she knew that.Dottore gave her a white coat,as every Harbinger had.

They all said their goodbyes to their long lost friend and one by one,took their leave.They lost a dear friend but they have things to get done in order to accomplish their goals.

Rosalyne knew that.She wouldn't be mad at all.She would be happy her dear friends are continuing with what they started and built together.

She knew the Fatui Harbingers wouldn't give up even after a loss.They knew this would eventually happen before joining.

"Let's go dear" Dottore says,offering Y/n his hand.She takes his hand and they leave the cathedral,letting their friend rest in peace in layers of ice.

"Dottore..do you really have to go?" I ask and he nods."I have to.We need the Gnosis from Sumeru" he says."And who's..Scaramouche?" I ask.Dottore thinks for a second.

"Scaramouche? Hm.An old friend" he says and I nod.Scaramouche..gnosis from Inazuma..Y/n thinks in her mind.Who knows what happened to him.

And so,they slowly made their way through the snow towards their warm home,waiting to embrace each other.Y/n smiled,thinking about what happened some years ago.

The Fatui Harbingers truly have perseverance.Who knows what will happen after? Who knows what will happen in Sumeru? She can worry about that later.

Right now..she has Dottore.That's everything she has and needs.

—————————ℯ𝓃𝒹.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑷𝒆𝒕 | 𝑰𝒍 𝑫𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 🎉