(14)

{ THIS AND NEXT CHAPTERS WERE UNPUBLISHED DRAFTS AT THE POINT OF DISCONTINUATION, AND THUS MAY CONTAIN SIGNIFICANTLY MORE ERRORS OR NOTES YOU MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND}

You send Kumo to a home, with a sweet woman named Sahara and her baby son, Enti.

Kumo leaves sad, but she is happy that she saw you. She tells you she loves you. Kumo got a little excited when you reminded her to practice, and remembered that you said she could come with for things.

A black, boxy car picks her up, and before she leaves you talk to Sahara. You duck your head into the window, and smile at her. You discuss any problems she might have, and as you walk away, you can already hear Sahara asking about Kumo and her interests.

You walk back into the hotel with a smile on your face. You sit in the diner area, where Katsu is already chilling.

"Hey, I'm glad you found a new home for her. You know," He frowned as you sat down. "She was really upset. She was tearing up."

You flicked your ears. "Yeah she seemed sad about me getting so... You know. About Hisoka."

He squished his eyebrows together. "No, Aki'. She was crying, she misses Minka."

You had a sort of epiphany there, in the seated booth. "I had almost forgotten..." You put a hand to your head. You didn't think about Minka.

"Yeah, well, you should think about it a little more. She's worrying me." He took a bowl of soup gently from a waiter's hand and the waiter set another beside you. "She doesn't seem okay about it." His scent was submissive, but his voice was firm.. He was truthful.

You pulled the soup towards you. You looked at Katsu and bit your cheek. "I'll call her.." You said quietly.

You stared out the window as you sipped spoonfuls with your spoon. Frost clouded the edges of the window, but the center allowed you to see the wintery, snow-coated streets. Little clusters of people crossed here and there, bundled in winterwear. 

Your ear twitched, and you turned your head around to find that Hisoka had sat beside you.

"Hey." Was all you said. You couldn't help but think of the letters on this back. Beware. Beware of Akane I guess. It sure was menacing.

He laid one of his hands on your head, and tilted your head for you, moving your chin to the right. One of his fingers whisked along the side of your mouth, wiping up a drip of soup. He wiped his hands with a napkin.

"I think we should get on another trip. I'm a little tired of being cooped up here." You mumbled the second half of your sentence. 

"Well, from the list we have, there's plenty to catch up on. I for one say that we should go back for the bug things, people are getting closer to them." Katsu mewed.

"I'm not sure how safe that is. For the animal, or them." You said, drinking from your glass.

Hisoka put his hand on your thigh under the table, no doubt remembering what he himself had done just before that trip.

"It does seem like a good idea to check up on them." You wiped your mouth, having finished your soup. "Why don't we get going."

Sythe clipped, water. That's really all you needed.

When you opened the glass doors, the air rushed in at you, and pressed against your face. It whispered between your fingers with an icy chill.

Hisoka didn't even change, he seemed fine with the cold. 

And off you were.

∆×∆

The forest sure was colder. You stayed in your tiger form a little longer, even after the others changed back.