(12) Musically x Magically x Missing

{DALLE MINI AI GENERATED IMAGE} Akitora.

You're all ready. Kumo is putting on a thick coat. She's still got the flier in her pocket. The excitement almost made her forget her hat, but Katsu grabbed it last minute and whisked it onto her head. 

Katsu put his hands on his hips. "How long does it take to get the fuck outta here?" He moaned. 

Kumo hopped onto her tip toes, and pulled her hat over his head from behind, blinding him.

"Hey, that's a safety hazard. What if I bumped into something? Or someone?" He pushed Kumo jokingly, and pulled the hat off. 

"Well I think its you two who are holding us back." You said as you locked the door and everyone marched into the hall.

As soon as you got downstairs and reached the lobby and emtrance, Kumo looked at you with puppy dog eyes.

"Oh put it away, you promised. Try for me, please?" You sighed, with arms crossed as you walked. 

Hisoka pushed open the door, and Katsu transformed, and went running. Kumo looked at you with a blink.

"Go on." You urged, and she bolted off in tiger form.

 You rubbed your head, still processing the events from recent. Hisoka put a hand on your back.

"I'm okay." You said to him. 

∆×∆

The site is radiating sound and feeling. You can hear echoing music of all different sorts before you enter. Kumo and Hisoka are by your side. Katsu has run to the first food-stall in sight.

Kids putted around on sleds, and it was actively snowing again. You stepped to the side of a booth for a second, because this was a little overwhelming. 

"So where first?" She asked, practically bouncing with joy.

You reached for the flier from her hands. "Well, how about some apple cider first?" You hummed.

Hisoka stood directly behind you. You could tell he was on edge. You knew it from the moment you mentioned the festival. He was worried about Akane, of him hurting you again. You shrugged it off- why would he attack here?  Large open areas swathed with giant puppets and activities as you passed. 

You pay a rough-looking man for three cups of it. The cider steams from the cup between your hands. One of the cups is passed to Hisoka, one to Kumo.

There are stalls with all sorts of things to use here. From sleds to buckets to fill with snowballs. A little girl in the center of this area even had a kids booth for the snowballs themselves. 

You purchased a space blanket, and wrapped it around Kumo. She giggled and thanked you while the group went to find a place to sit. 

You came upon a little roofed area, with green benches. You placed yourself down with a yawn, right in front of a performing trio. One playing a flute, the other a violin, and the last a light drum. 

Kumo marveled at their music, and curled closer to you. Hisoka draped an arm over your shoulder, and Katsu came back.

He sat down across from you, already holding a big stick topped with a hunk of dripping meat. 

"You don't have a fight or flight, do you Katsu? Its always food or fight with you." You laughed at him.

The trio in front began dancing in circles, before the red-haired lady of them reached out a hand. Kumo popped up, leaving her blanket behind and grabbed the woman's hand. She was twirled and whipped around, and giggled uncontrolably.