(5) Bubbles x and x Boys

|{Picture of Akitora and Katsu in rain} AI, DALLE MINI|

❗= THIS IS A SUPER-CHAPTER. EXTRA LONG ^^!!!!!

Katsu is barely in time as Kina announces the end of the 4th phase. 

"All passing applicants follow me, its time for the last phase!" She yells, landing on the ground.

You can hear the screams from the box, of half dead people and those desperate to pass. 

"Come on Akitora! It might be one on one battles." Katsu was practically jumping up and down. You followed quietly.

Your heart is beating as you think of Hisoka. Of him stitching you up. The remnants of those emotions welled up and echoed in your lungs with a gasp.

You walked at the back of the group. You feel something in your hair. You can tell it's his fingers. Hisoka breathes deep on the back of your neck before disappearing.

You could hardly handle it. You we're so angry. So... Sad. Sad that you wanted to like him but he was a killer. He wasn't capable of love was he? You shook it off. You just had to pass this.

A thin person, with long hair and a soft, feminine voice spoke as you neared the beach.

They hold their arm up, and a long, thin chain hangs from their wrists and around their neck loosely. The chain sways as the examiner moves. Their name is Ren. Ren's chains are covered in charms, of the sea, of palm trees, water, fish, anchors.. Definitely a hunter of the sea-related type. 

Ren lifts their arms high in the air. "Lets get started. To be an effective and efficient hunter you have to get out of tough situations."

You can feel both boys' eyes on you. Katsu. Hisoka.

You focus on Ren again.

"You will be navigating an underwater maze." Wtf? "It won't be very long but you'll have to complete it in a minute without drowning to pass. Don't worry about coming out the entrance on accident, it will be closed after you all." Ren announced. Wow. You were glad Tonpa didn't care about winning. Even more glad that he didn't pass this far.

You sighed, sure. You could do this. You peeked around the crowd to see a round opening for an enterance. Large enough to fit multiple people. There were 12 people left, including you and Katsu.

"There are no rules against fighting. Its a free for all, fight if you want. Now. Go!" What!? All of us?? In a minute! Without restraint?!  Underwater!????

 You ran forward, shooting in. You bumped into more than one person. One scratched you good as you went by. Definitely Katsu. You swam in calm but fast strokes. The tunnels were entirely filled with the salty water. No seeing, little or no hearing, just touch and time. 

You swam in long strokes. You could hardly tell where you were turning. You just followed the walls where ever turns were. Bad idea. You needed to hurry. You were counting the seconds, and each one was an eternity. You had all the time in the world, but no air. You transfromed, remembering how much longer you could hold you breath as a tiger.

Okay, if its not very long then the left, left, left method should work just fine. It was the people you were worried of.

You kept going left. Left. Left. A normal tiger could hold its breath over 10 minutes, you just didn't have that time. And, because you weren't all tiger, you couldn't last that long either. You started getting worried. 

You couldn't think of hold long it had been, but you were getting panicky. You kept going left. You bumped into someone. They stopped moving and felt for your face. You tried to push them away. The body moved its hands up... To your head, and touched your ears. Katsu. He was making sure it was you. You wanted to growl and lash but it would waste air and energy. You grabbed Katsu's wrists and dug your claws in. You felt someone swim over you two.