(I) Away x and x There

!!! BE AWARE THAT THIS WORK HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED, I'm a lil embarrassed of it, but also can't take it down :] !!!

|{Picture of train conductor Len.} AI, DALLE MINI|

~

You are Akitora Sinata (First,Last),

and you're gonna be a hunter.

(CATBOY READER)

-

"Why though?" He pressed, "Do you actually have a good reason?"

He chewed on the muffin, homemade, and strawberry flavor.

You thought for a moment. Katsu was your only friend. You weren't super close, but you always hung out with the Matsuo family. You thought about telling him. 

The real reason? You wanted to travel and leave the river, and make friends. To do that, you needed that license. If you didn't get it, you wouldn't have a single chance. You were part of a tribe of sorts. The whole of the Gold River was were-tigers. Descendants of only 6 main ancestors. However, over time, the were-cats began to be stripped of rights in populated places. People feared your kind. Your long nails that never broke, functioning as claws. Your sharp canines. Your ability to transform.

(This tribe also teaches how to use Nen religiously, so you're intermediate in it. As a transmuter, you have a shocking and sometimes paralyzing effect that you can activate when something touches you. Also poisonous if something bites.)

In reality, you were so much weaker, but you could never tell Katsu that.

You didn't care. All you wanted was that license. 

You shrugged at the striped boy, "just for the money I guess." You lied.

He yawned back, giving a slow nod as he finished his muffin. He wiped his mouth with a red handkercheif. "I guess, but why not 'work' here." A slow grin creeped upon his face. "I got 30 just the other day off of 'Pons." 

You shook your head with a short laugh. "Katsu, the old man wasn't even near your tree this time." He smiled slyly. "You went right up to him and took it, didn't you?"

Katsu burst out, "Heh! He never even noticed!" 

You sighed and began to climb down from the tree Katsu claimed to be his. You stopped for just a half-second, and stared out at the sun through the canopy. It was setting already. 

"Where you goin'?" Katsu yelled.

"I have to get ready, I leave tomorrow, remember? I have to get an early start to Enra."

Katsu's face drained a bit. "Well.. Come back to Xenah if you're not dead." Then his face went to its regular smug state in a flash.

You climbed slowly down.

∆×∆

You could smell town from afar. It smelled of roasts and fresh bread. It distracted you as you floated down river. You had already passed the rapids, but it still wasn't very sturdy. It always freaked the towners out but you were hungry, so you caught a fish. You were eating now, raw. You were making good time, and predicted that you'd be there in 15 or so.

You bit down on the fish, relishing its fresh taste. A bone rattled in your mouth before you spat it out.

The cape you had was already damp, but you hoped your four legged form could keep you warm if it got cold. Fur really is a nice insulator. You prayed you wouldn't have to though, the Enra towners were scared enough, if you transformed in the square you'd probably be jumped.