(3) He x is x Crazy

|{Picture of Katsu.} AI, DALLE MINI|

You fell asleep, tired and in pain after the hawk incident.

And, when you woke up, you were so out of it. 

Everyone was screaming, and people were running. You shivered. It was so dark, you couldn't even see stars... But a faint orange glow danced somewhere distantly. Your head rocked as the boat swayed. Nobody minded you. Was anything really happening? It was so calm.

You nodded, half asleep. You could feel something warm beside you. A body, breathing in... Out...

The body hummed, and suddenly the warmth got to be hot. Hotter than hot, so hot it might be cold. 

The body suddenly pulled you in, and almost in slow motion, you could see who. Pink hair... Hisoka... A slow panic rushed through you. He had pulled your head deep into his forward slouched torso. You twitched a little. You tried to pull away from the cold lazily. But a hand held your there. Suddenly you realized you couldn't breathe.

You pulled away weakly, pushing against him. He held stiffly. He was suffocating you. Your fists began to pump with blood, and you pushed harder, pounding on his limbs. Your whole body was on now. It was surreal. You began kicking too. You couldn't breathe

You couldn't breathe.

Your fighting stopped and you felt dazed, at the last moment, he pulled you away from him. You sucked in as fast as your lungs would allow, panting. He stopped you again, and pressed a hand to your chest, forcing you to breathe calmer.

You were cold again, water. Hisoka swam with you in one arm. Another beach, an island.

A warm night around a fire.

∆×∆ 

You woke up in a bad daze. Everything from the other night was mushed together like a hundred playdoh colors mixed by a child. You pulled your hand up to your head. It ached badly, actually, everything ached.

You rocked on the balls of your feet, half sitting half standing in a deep squat. The ambience here was non-existent. It was silent, not even the sound of other applicants was around you. 

You began to think again about passing. Well, you'd been past Len, Shino, and now Hisoka. So that was three, right? You wondered how many were left. You felt something soft brush against your shpulder, and immediately looked up. Hisoka. Your ears swiveled, and you stood up with haste. You faced him fully and took a step back. 

His grin stayed the same. "Mmm... This your first try? Akitora?" 

What the fuck? Him saying your name just made you angry. Who the hell was he and why was he hanging around? The eyes. The face when you passed out. Then him suffocating you? 

"No." You went with the safe option.

"You don't have to lie Akitora, I don't care. Its not even my phase anymore." His smile receeded, just a bit. "...Do you remember anything at all?" He spoke toyingly now.

That just made you pissed. "Clown, why the hell were you watching me?" You kept your arms and legs out to your sides a bit, ready in case. "You nearly killed me the other night!" Your tail lashed back and forth.

"Oh please, keep your temper, Sinata-neko~" 

You shivered in the sun. Your family name too? 

"You can't kill applicants, idiot." 

He cocked his brows for a moment, but then a realization came across his face. He put his poke face back on. Blank. No emotion. "I was simply saving you, you see, after the boat was lit... I found you dozing there, and your hair had lit up. If I hadn't done that, you'd be a pile of ash now, Akitora." 

You growled, you hated the way he said your name. You didn't have any idea of what to say back. So instead you began to walk away. 

You felt his hand on your shoulder, and you froze. 

"If you're going to run away at least let me give you some advice." He said. "Don't team up~" and he was gone.

∆×∆

A woman named Kina was the next instructor. Blonde, chubby. Little did you know, there was so much more to her. She was playing strategy.

She had gathered everyone, and you were now in the centre of the island. Something tall and grey was there. Like a building, but it had no windows...

She jumped in a single bound. Kina was now on top of the structure. "Hisoka, a little help?" Hisoka had a smirk, and he stared at you as he landed atop it as well. He began pointing at people, and whole groups of them were lifted as they followed the will of his finger. Nevermind, not a building. There was no roof. They went right in. You grunted as you were lifted, pressed against a group of others. Hisoka eyed you specifically as you floated over his head. 

You were dropped against the ground. Hard.

The walls were far too tall. So smooth. Well, you could guess what this would be. Yup.

"Now, all you have to do is simple. Just get out of the box and you pass! No fighting though, we'll save that for later." She laughed and sat at the edge with Hisoka beside her. 

He put his arm around her shoulders and looked straight at you, somehow, you felt jealous. Your tail twitched.

A bell rung ad immediately people started trying to scale the walls. One or two made it up by utilizing the corner, and pushing their weight against both walls to scale it, but as soon as everyone saw, there were heavy crowds at the each corner, and not a single person more made it.

You decided it was told to try while everyone was so pumped up. Instead you just set down near the middle. You didn't have anything to eat, but you knew you could survive in the nutrition of your last meal for a while. We're Were-tigers were good at that. You say calmly on the half dead grass. You shut your eyes and imagined what you'd do with your licence when you passed. 

Suddenly you were pushed to the ground. Someone had you pinned down. You're eyes whisked open. Black hair, pointed ears, a shit-eating grin. Katsu?

He dug his claws into your chest in greeting. You winced. "Soft now, Akitora?" He cackled.

"What the hell Katsu? Get off." You growled. He shrugged with a grin. "Why are you even here?" You questioned.

"I figured, if you're going, I might as well too. Besides, I want to know which of us would win in a fight." He closed his eyes, relishing the thought. "A real one. To death."

You rolled your eyes. It didn't really matter. 

Then you have an idea.

∆×:∆

Q: What was the last song/artist you listened to? I wrote this while listening to cavetown.