chapter fourteen

Charles POV

"Is it really okay for me to stay the night here? I can go somewhere else if you want me to.", she says on the way to my hotel.
"Amelia I don't mind okay? I don't want you to stay alone after what happend. Who knows if he will come back again or what he's capable of.", I say.
"Sorry I ruined our date like that.", she says looking to the ground now.
"Amelia,", I say taking her hand. "You didn't ruin our date I haven't had fun like that for a long time and it was the best date I've ever been on.", I say.
"Well that must mean something", she says laughing.
"What?", now we're both laughing. 
We get out of the car and make our way to the hotelroom. There we unpack her things and get ready to sleep.
"Amelia do-", I want to ask her something but she already fell asleep. She looks cute in the clothes I gave her. She doesn't have any because the police is still there so I gave her some of mine. I lay next to her in bed and try to sleep but the fact that she's next to me makes me nervous a little.
"Relax Charles. We have a race to win tomorrow.", she says still with her eyes closed. I try to but can't. She notices and takes my hand. After some time I fall asleep.
"Can I have a hoodie of you? Mine are still in the other room I will get them this afternoon when my manager gets them.", she asks.
"Yes of course you can. There is one of my podiums with Monza on it if you want."
"No I can't wear this one. It's your favorite one."
"No wear it really. It will look perfect on you", I say as I smile at her.
I give her the hoodie and she puts it on. We leave the hotel and head to the track. As we get there the media approaches us but we just walk pass them since Amelia doesn't want to talk to them after yesterday. I accompany her until we get to the redbull garage where we say goodbye and wish us luck for the qualifying.

Amelias POV

"Hey are you okay? I heard what's happend. Who does such thing?", Max asks approaching me.
"I have no clue. I'm really afraid. I always have to think about if he knows how to get in my hotelroom he will probably get in to my appartment to.", I say.
"Do you have a place to stay? If not you're welcome at my place if you want.", he says.
"No it's okay I'm staying at Charles place right now until I find a solution."
"Hey we have to get started come on guys", one of the engeneers say.
Max and I follow them and we get ready for qualifying.

As I drive out of the pit lane I get a little scared and drive quite slowly.
"Amelia what's wrong?", someone asks me over the radio.
"Nothing. I'm just a little scared after what happend.", I say.
"Don't be scared. You can do that. You're one of the best on the grid so show them", they say.
"Okay. Come on then.", I say speeding up
As I come closer to the start I take a deep breath before speeding up onto the max. While driving I have to think about the date with Charles and start to feel better. I start to drive as if my life depends on it.
"Amelia you did it. You got pole position.", they say cheering for me.
"Yes. Oh my god what."

"Amelia you have a dare to complete", Max says coming my way.
"Man I hoped that you would've already forgotten it.", I say.
"Nope get into the icebath now.", he says pointing to it.
"Yes but let me change first"
"Of course. I'll go tell the camera man then"
"Max I hate you", I shout after him.
"I love you too Amelia," he shouts running to search for the media people.

"Come on get inside already", max says.
"No it's so cold", I say.
"Get in. Now" and before I can react he already pushes me in and I'm in the freezing cold water.
"How long do I have to stay in here", I ask shivering.
"Only two minutes."
When Max finally let's me out my whole body is shivering.
He hugs me and we do the outro for the challenge yesterday. I go back to the garage and get into my clothes still feeling a little cold. I say goodbye to everyone and head to the parking lot then.

"Congrats on pole miss Thatcher", Charles says approaching me at his car.
"Congrats on second place mister Leclerc.", I say smirking.
"Ouch.", he says jokingly.
"Let's get you something to eat. Do you wanna order something or go out?", he asks.
"I thought about ordering something and playing some fifa.", I say.
"Yes sounds good to me", he says as we get into the car.
We listen to some music and sing together. Charles is a very passionate singer. He always sings at the top of his lungs and really feels the song.
We immediately start to play fifa. Charles sucks at fifa.
"No you're cheating. No way Amelia."
"No I'm not cheating you're just shit at fifa."
We hear a knock on the door and Charles goes to open the door.
"Hey Mate. Want to play some fifa?". It's Pierre.
"Uhm actually-", Charles starts but Pierre already walked in and behind him Lando.
"Oh hi We didn't know you were over.", Lando says.
"Are we interrupting anything?", Pierre asks.
"No of course not come in.", I tell them because I see that Charles is waiting for my approval.
They sit on the floor next to me and Charles and start watching.
"Charles mate. You really suck at fifa.", Pierre says as I beat him 9:0.
"Hey who's are these bags here?", Lando asks.
"These are my bags I'm staying over until we go home", I say.
Lando and Pierre look at Charles surprised.
"No guys. I just don't want to be alone after what happend yesterday."
"What happend Amelia?", Lando asks.
"Someone broke into her room yesterday and gave her a massive teddybear. Now she is afraid to stay alone.", Charles says.
"What? How did they get in?", Pierre asks.
"We have no clue. As we came back the door to my room was open.", I say.
"Yeah I walked in first to see if anyone was in the room and as I went into the bathroom I saw this massive teddybear and there was 'from your secret admirer' written on the mirror.", Charles says.
"Wow that's terrifying.", Lando says.
"Yes it is I mean what if he knows where I live and tries to get into my appartment.", I say.
"That is not going to happen and you know you're always welcome at my place", Charles says and puts his hand on my shoulder.
"Thank you Charles.", I say.
We continue playing until Pierre and Lando decide to leave. We tell them goodbye and agree to go to sleep.