chapter fourty-one

Amelia POV

I wake up as we land in Monaco again. It's already late so I struggle to keep my eyes open. We walk out of the airport and we spot some paparazzis.
"What are they doing here this late?", I ask Charles and grab hold of his arm.
"Don't worry", he says and starts walking to his car. 
They see us and start to take pictures. God I hate when they have to take pictures of us all the time. I know it's their job but it's annoying when you come home from vacation and want to go to bed and they run behind you to take pictures. Sometimes I hate it being famous. 
He opens the passenger door for me and I get inside. He closes it again before walking around and getting in the car too. He drives off and we go to Lando's. They said he can stay since we're all friends anyway. Pierre is also staying for a few days I belive. 
I'm very tired so I fall asleep in the car.

I wake up the next morning in my bed. I have no clue how I got here but I don't complain about it. Slowly I get up and walk out of my room towards the living room. I see that someone's sleeping on the couch. As I take a closer look I see it's Charles. He's peacefully sleeping. Next to him is Pierre who's sleeping too.
A small smile appears and I walk towards the kitchen where Luisa is already sitting.
"Morning", I say and sit down on a chair next to her.
"Morning", she says and looks at me with a strange look on her face.
"Is everything okay?", I ask her and chuckle. I look at her for a moment until she asks: "What is going on between you and Charles Amelia?"
The question catches me off guard. 
I don't know what's going on.
"Why do you mean?", I ask her.
"Amelia you know I'm your biggest shipper okay. I love Chamelia but are you ready for what's happening?", she asks me with a worried look.
No, I'm not.
"Why do you mean?", I say still trying to deny the fact that something's going on again.
"Amelia I am not stupid okay? I see it. The way he looks at you and the way you look at him."
I remain silent and look down at my feet.
"Amelia you need to take the time you need. I know you okay? I know you're not ready. Please don't rush in to anything now. Take all the time you need and focus on yourself a little. I feel like you need it. And if you are ready then forget my speech okay? But if you need someone to talk, I'm always here for you. You can always talk to me."
The room stays silent for a while. She's right. I am not ready for what's happening. And maybe she's right about that whole take time for yourself thing too. I should try to be okay with myself first before rushing into a relationship. I need the time. But I really love Charles and I know how it'll hurt him when I'll tell him. 
"I'm right huh?", she asks me and I slightly nod.
"You need to tell him Amelia", she says and looks at me for a moment still with that worried look on her face. 
I start crying. 
The first time after Abu Dhabi I start crying. 
I've never let myself cry since then. I felt numb and avoided my feelings for anything. But I guess I have to let them be if I want to be myself again.
She puts her arms around me and pulls me into a hug while I sob into her shirt. 
She hugs me tight. I feel safe in her arms. It's a great feeling to let go off everything and let your guard down for a minute.
She pulls away and looks me into my face.
"Amelia you can always talk to me. And maybe it's time. You need to tell somebody. You can't take all that pain by yourself. Let others help and take some of the pain away from you. And you know I love you. I would do anything for you Amelia.", she says and slightly smiles at me.
I laugh a little through my tears and she laughs too.
"Okay I'll talk to you. But not here in the kitchen. Let's go to my room", I say and get up.
My face is still covered in tears and I get up. She puts an arm around me and we start walking towards my bedroom. "Good mo- oh Amelia is everything okay?", Lando asks as he sees me.
"I'm going to tell you later", Luisa says and guids me to my room. 
She gives Lando a small smile before we enter the room. She closes the door behind her and we sit down onto my bed. 
I try to find words for everything that happend.
"Don't worry. We have all day", she says and smiles again.

Charles POV

I get waken up by Lando.
"Charles what's wrong with Amelia?", he asks me.
Instantly I'm awake.
"What? What do you mean? Where is she?", I ask him worried.
"I don't know. She went to her room with Luisa and she was crying", he says while I get up. I walk past him towards her room.
I knock. "Amelia is everything okay?"
"Yes everything's okay. Don't worry.", I hear her saying through the door.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Please leave. I'll tell you later"
"Okay", I say and continue standing there for a few seconds. I hesitate at first but decide to accept her decision and leave. I walk into the living room and Lando asks: "Is everything okay?"
"I belive so", I say and shrug my shoulders.
"What's wrong?", Pierre asks as he wakes up.
We update him on the story and he looks at us blankly.
"Is she okay?", he asks.
"We hope so", Lando says and we all sit down. We try to distract our thoughts by watching some TV but it won't help.