Chapter 14- Wedding Time

*a year later*

(Rebecca's POV)

Today Valerie and I were going to a wedding dress boutique to find me a dress. My stomach fluttered with butterflies when I thought about me being in a wedding dress. Thomas wasn't going, of course. His parents and my parents would flip out if he was even within a hundred mile radius of the shop. So going with me to find the perfect dress was Valerie, my mom, and Niall. Both Niall and Valerie were sharing the maid of honor duties but sometimes it was hard even having three people plan a wedding. "Ready?" Valerie asked me. I nodded and grabbed my coat. It was late December and it was snowing outside.

Valerie and I would be graduating from college in early June so the wedding would be in November. Perfect time for both Thomas and I. Valerie drove to pick up Niall and my mom from their hotel. I was beginning to become nervous as we parked the car. "Ready for this?" Niall asked throwing his arm over my shoulder. I nodded, a little unsure. "Maybe we're rushing into this and should come back some other time." I said almost running out of the boutique.

Niall and Valerie grabbed each of my arms and led me to the front desk. "Appointment for Rebecca Mejia, party of four?" Valerie said to the lady. She smiled and clicked away at her keyboard. "Right this way Ms. Mejia." The lady said leading us to the back area. We sat down on a white couch as a young woman approached us. "Rebecca?" She asked. I raised my hand shyly. "Hi. I'm Sarah. I'll be helping you today to find your dress. Who do you have with you today?" The woman, Sarah, said. I smiled at her. "This is my mom, my best friend, Valerie, and my other best friend, Niall." I said pointing each person in turn. "Okay. Well lets head on back and find out what we will be trying on today." Sarah said. I stood up and followed her to the dressing rooms.

When Sarah asked what kind of dress I would like, I just shrugged. "I've been going to college for the past year and haven't had really any time to see what I like the best." I said. "But I do know I would like to wear this veil with my dress. It's the veil my mother wore so it would mean a lot to me." I continued handing over the veil in my hands to Sarah. She nodded. "I think I know a few dresses that would look lovely on you and would also compliment the veil." Sarah said. I nodded happily. "Do you have any price range that you have in mind?" Sarah asked before exiting the room. I shook my head. "My best friend Niall said he would pay for it. No matter the cost." I answered.

Sarah was a little surprised but didn't comment on it. She rushed out of the room to return with a few dresses moments later. I undressed and slipped on the first dress. "Let's go show them." Sarah said picking up the back skirts so I could walk out. I walked to the three people waiting for me. "Oh my gosh Rebecca! You look stunning!" Valerie gushed when I stepped up in front of the mirrors. My heart fluttered when I saw myself in the mirror. The dress was a corset top the accentuated my curves and the skirt was long and flowy with elegant designs. "What do you think mom?" I asked turning to my mother. She smiled. "I never thought I'd live to see the day when my daughter would look so stunning in a wedding dress." My mom said. I smiled at her. I looked at Niall who had been quiet. "Not to be mean, but I don't like it on you." He said bluntly.

Valerie smacked his arm. "How are you so sure that it's not perfect for her?" She asked. "It's obvious. She didn't totally flip out when she came out. I know what she would love." Niall said with a big grin. I rolled my eyes. Oh boy here we go again. "Prove it. I'll pick one dress for Rebecca and you pick another. Let's see which one she loved the best." Valerie said. I sighed. They have been doing this since we started planning. So far Niall chose the venue and flowers. Valerie picked the invitations and the dresses for the brides maids. It was back and forth with those two and it was driving me nuts, even if they were picking things that both Thomas and I loved. I went back into the changing room and waited for the two dresses. Both Niall and Valerie knew that the dress had to match the veil so I wasn't very surprised when the dresses they picked matched the swirls on the veil.

The first dress I tried on was Valerie's and it was gorgeous. I walked out to see what they had to say. "I think it's perfect." Valerie said. I rolled my eyes. "That's because you picked it." I told her. She smiled smugly. "It makes your boobs look huge." My mother said. At that moment Niall was taking a sip of his water but when my mom said that, he sputtered and choked on the water. "Mom!" I said. She shrugged like it was no big deal. "That was a little too much for me." Niall said putting his water bottle down. I laughed and went back in to try Niall's dress. I walked out and it got the same response. It looked good but it wasn't the dress for me. "Let's pick a dress together. And hopefully it won't make anything else about her look big." Niall said. I laughed. Hopefully the next one will be better.

***********************************

I know it should be about Harry and Valerie but that's coming up in the next chapter!!!! I promise!!!