Chapter 7- Tell Me a Lie

*A year later...*

(Valerie's POV)

I was sleeping in my room when "What Makes You Beautiful" was blasted at full volume. I jumped out if bed and rolled on the floor trying to detangle myself from my sheets. Rebecca was prancing around my room singing along to the song. I sat up and pushed my hair up over my eyes. "What are you doing!" I shouted over the music. Rebecca opened my closet and pulled out my vibrant blue dress. "Your boyfriend is coming to America!" She sang, "He is going to declare his love for you!" I rolled my eyes an stood up. "You know he already told me he loves me." I said taking her phone and shutting off the music. "I know but I have a good feeling about this visit." Rebecca said looking through my shoes. "What are you doing now?" I asked shutting my closet door. "Looking for your silver heels that look good with that dress. It is my job to make sure you look absolutely stunning for when you and Harry go out tonight." Rebecca said. I sighed. "How do you know we're going out tonight?" I asked. "Because I called him and planned everything." She said smiling up at me. I should've known she would do something like this. I sighed again and went to take a shower. It's been a long time since I've seen Harry and I was excited. It still surprised my family and friends that I was dating the Harry Styles from one Direction.

After our first date, Harry tried to text me, call me, or Skype me whenever he could. I left London a week after our first date and that's when Harry asked me to be his girlfriend. I told him I would and he promised me that we would make it work. He would try to come to America to see me or he would pay for my plane ticket for me to go to London. We spent a whole wonderful year together and it didn't take long for the world to find out about us. We tried to keep it private for as long as possible but soon the paparazzi had pictures of Harry and me kissing or on our dates. Rebecca would tease me about it but I wouldn't see any pictures of her and Niall together. She would come with me whenever I went to London so she could see Niall but he rarely came to America. I asked her about it but she just gave me vague answers. I stopped asking her about it when I saw how lost in thought she got or if she would show signs of disappointment.

When I was done taking a shower, I got dressed in casual clothes and then went downstairs to have breakfast. I found Rebecca sitting on the couch eating cereal watching tv. I grabbed a bowl of cereal as well and joined her. "What time are the boys supposed to land?" Rebecca asked. I checked the time. "In about four hours." I said taking a bite of cereal. "Well we better clean up before they get here." Rebecca said throwing a pillow at me. As girl, you would expect us to have the neatest house but it was down right dirty. The house wasn't completely dirty but there were dishes in the sink, laundry was overflowing in the laundry room, our beds were messy, and the living room had random papers laying around. I laughed throwing it back at her. "Alright let's get started." I said standing up. Rebecca put her dish in the sink and began grabbing items to clean the bathroom. We had a system on how to clean the house and it works out pretty well. Rebecca cleans the bathrooms, the living room, and her own room. I clean the kitchen, my room, and I dust the living room.

After a few hours of cleaning we were done. "I'm glad we finished. We need to clean the house more often." Rebecca said plopping down on the couch I nodded checking the time. It was almost 12 and the boys will be landing in an hour. "Come on. We gotta pick up the boys." I said throwing the rag I used to dust at her. She caught it and stood up. We took my car since it could sit seven people and were off to the airport. Rebecca and I were attending college in Arizona but it was in a secluded part of town. It didn't take us long to get to the airport but we did get lost trying to find the hate the boys would be at. I laughed as Rebecca danced around as we waited for the boys. "Why are you dancing like that?" I asked her laughing. "I have to pee so bad!" She said shaking her hands in the air. I laughed at her silt dance until I spotted Harry's curly head amongst the crowd of people.

(Harry's POV)

I couldn't sit still in the air plane on our way to America. We were going there for a few concerts and interviews. Just the normal stuff, but this time I would be able to see my long time girlfriend, Valerie Sanchez. I met her when her and her best friend, Rebecca, came to London to see me in concert. She was the most amazing person I had ever met and I wanted nothing but her to be mine. Before she left to America, I asked her to be my girlfriend. When she agreed I promised her no matter what, I would try to see her as much as possible and that I would never do anything to hurt her. The boys were happy for me but I asked Niall about what happened with Rebecca and he never gave me a straight forward answer. The boys and I tried getting him to talk about it but he just refused. "Hey Harry? Can I talk to you?" Niall said walking up to my seat. I looked up at him and nodded. He took the seat across from me and looked down at his fingers. I knew something was really bothering him so I sat patiently waiting for him to tell me what was on his mind. I wasn't prepared for what he said next.

"Rebecca is engaged. And it's not to me." He said. It took me a moment to process his words. "What do you mean she's getting married?" I asked him sitting up. "Well Rebecca and I went on a few dates and we really liked each other but there just wasn't something there. We both talked about it and she told me that her ex asked for her back and I told her she should give him a second chance. We both agreed that we were better off as friends. She called me a few days ago and told me about her engagement. She asked me to be her best man at her wedding." Niall said with a smile. I didn't know what to say. The boys, Valerie and I could've sworn that Rebecca and him were just made for each other but they apparently thought otherwise. "I really am happy for her. I've met the guy before and he's perfect for Rebecca and she's like a sister to me so I couldn't agree more with who she's getting married to." Niall continued. I nodded letting everything he told me sink in.

"Are we gunna meet this guy? You know the lads and I need to approve too." I told Niall. He smiled and nodded. "Today when we see the girls. Rebecca wants to go to a big dinner with all of us so she can tell the rest of the boys and plan everything." Niall said. I nodded. "Works for me." I said smiling at him. He stood up and left but our manager quickly took his seat. "Harry we need to talk." John said. I put my phone back down and looked at him. "What's up?" I said. His tone of voice made me anxious as to what he had to tell me. "You need o break up with Valerie." He said bluntly. My jaw dropped and my hands went into tight fists. I knew management didn't approve of my relationship with Valerie but that was crossing the line. I shook my head. "No." I said stubbornly. John sighed. "Look Harry, you and the boys aren't getting anymore publicity with you dating that girl. We think it would be best if the two of you just broke it off for a few months until we release the new album and then the two of you can be together again. When you two become public again, fans will go crazy buying the album." John said. I shook my head again. "I'm not breaking up with the best thing to happen to me." I said angrily.

"Harry if you don't break up with Valerie, then we will have no choice but to tell the paparazzi about your interest in someone else." John said pulling out his phone. My breath caught in my throat. "You wouldn't dare!" I shouted. John nodded. "We don't want to do it but if we have to we will." He said putting his hands up in defense. I thought my options over. It was either break up with Valerie an then beg for her back or be with Valerie and have all the tabloids release false information about me cheating on Valerie. "Fine." I said through clenched teeth. I hated having to break my promise to Valerie but I had no other choice and I prayed that she would forgive me after everything is done