Secret Preparations

3rd Person POV

The kingdom that Roseanne and Jungkook ruled over was quiet at the peak of the night. The village was asleep and the few torches that were still lit were slowly dying out from the wind that was swirling through the streets, blowing leaves about.

Of course, the kingdom's queen was off in another kingdom for the remainder of the night, but their king was wide awake.

Jungkook marched through the halls of the castle, determination in his eyes as he needed to get his troops ready for war. The king was wearing the clothing that he had on during the day as he was nowhere near ready to submit to sleep. He grew rather restless these days as the thought of the war always loomed over his head. He even started to grow some stubble on his face as he didn't bother to shave his face.

He had plenty of papers in his hands and he had a tight grip on them, crinkling them up a bit. Any servant that was in the halls or anywhere near Jungkook immediately bowed a full 90 degrees or tried to run away before he could see them. The sound of his boots was always distinctive when echoing through the halls and rooms of the castle, so they could hear him coming before seeing him.

"Where the hell is he?" Jungkook grumbled to himself as the person he was looking for wasn't in the chamber they were supposed to be in. He turned back around and went to another chamber, hoping to find them there. Thankfully for him, he did, "Yeonjun, I need you to go over to y/n's kingdom and break into the battle room."

"What?!" He whisper-shouted to the king hearing his absurd request. Sure Yeonjun is a spy, but he's never gone into the castle of whoever he's trying to watch; let alone break into a battle room. If he tried that, he wasn't sure he could make it out alive.

"What do you mean, what? I need to know every piece of information that damn kingdom has on battle strategies so I can counteract them."

"My grace, anything you throw at the y/l/n's kingdom will be stronger than any defense they have. Your allies can wipe them out without this kingdom because of how weak they are. And since you will be leading the way with your troops, nothing will stop you." Yeonjun said confidently, trying to mask how much he didn't want to do what he was just told. Jungkook squinted his eyes at him,

"Are you trying to get out of this?"

"No, my grace." Yeonjun immediately answered as Jungkook looked him up and down,

"Whatever. Go to Soobin's home in the village and drag him along with you to watch the training that y/n's troops are doing. No battle room. Now get out of my sight." Jungkook said as Yeonjun bowed before exiting his chamber and rushing through the castle to get into the village and wake Soobin up.

Jungkook also left the chamber as he wanted to talk with his most powerful ally, Namjoon. Namjoon was the kingdom to the north of this one, just outside the valley. It was on the peaks of the mountains and the people were known to be true warriors there. Since the elevation was so high, there is snow on the ground there almost year round. Jungkook always had the utmost respect for the man since he was a man that knew what he wanted.

Namjoon was resting in the village in one of the taverns because he said the castle felt too big for some reason. Jungkook allowed him to stay in the tavern since he didn't have any more open chambers for him anyway.

The king walked out of the castle and down the deserted roads and paths of the village. No one was walking the roads since it was past midnight. Only his footsteps flattening the dirt underneath his boots could be heard, along with the occasional howl of wolves on the outskirts of the kingdom walls. He made multiple turns here and there and saw the tavern, hearing music coming from it.