An Unannounced Visitor

Y/n's POV

I decided to take a stroll around the village because being in the castle talking about a possible battle is not the most fun thing in the world. Having a bunch of older men try and tell me what to do always pisses me off, so I need to take a breather and spend time with my people.

It was just past lunchtime and the sun was still high in the sky, casting its heat down onto all of us. I was dressed in my normal attire, no royal clothing for me right now because I didn't care. But I still had to wear my crown because that is like...an unspoken rule for centuries. Plus it's always fun to put her crown on small kids if they ask.

I turned a corner and walked down the main street that leads to the market square which was in the middle of the village. The dirt under my shoes was all fully pressed down and flattened due to the high level of people always walking this path. A few people recognized me and took time from their busy lives to politely say hello to me, bowing a bit in the process. I bowed a bit right back to them and greeted them as well, making them smile widely seeing their ruler treat them with the same amount of respect.

I soon made my way to the center of the market and started to look at everything my people were selling, hoping to buy some goods for myself.

"Ah, your majesty! A pleasure to have you here!" A man that I know is named Kai said from behind his booth that sells fish from the river. I smiled at him,

"Well it's a pleasure to see that business seems to still be doing good for you," I pointed to a trout, "how much for this one?"

"You can have it without charge!" He said with a smile on his face as I shook my head, grabbing 10 golden coins out of my pocket, much more than he would ever try to sell this for. I placed them on the table next to the trout and put the fish into a woven basket that the money I put down also paid for. Kai's face was shocked and he didn't know what to do with himself.

"Have a great day, Kai!" I hollered back to him as I went on my way to look at the other stands to see what they had to offer. I hummed as I went along to the other stands, giving them more than enough money as I bought a few more things. My basket was full and I played around with a few kids, kicking a ball they had made for a little before making my way back to the castle.

"Y/n! Where were you!?" Taehyung said frantically as I looked at him weirdly, wondering why he was so scared almost. I held up the basket,

"The market, why?"

"The Elder Ruler just arrived." He said to me, my body going cold in an instant hearing this news. I've never seen them in person and have only heard of stories about them from Irene.

The Elder Ruler is the ruler of the kingdom far, far west where people say it's like walking souls there. The village is barely populated and the people are malnourished so much, it's like skeletons are all around. And they don't show emotions, hence the name 'soulless people'. The Elder Ruler has never lost a battle though in their many years of ruling, which is odd considering they have the smallest army out of all the kingdoms. But no one dares to confront them because it's a death sentence.

"What?!" I hissed at him as I shoved the basket over to him and went to run over to one of the corridors that I know have some royal attire for me to quickly change into.

I heard him running behind me as I was terrified as to why The Elder Ruler just happened to show up here for no reason. They never leave their kingdom, so I'm absolutely confused as to why now they decided to come to my kingdom.

A few servants were in the corridor with the royal attire and they saw my frantic state, helping me into the clothing without a second thought. I thanked them profusely and I saw Irene walk in, making my nerves calm down a little.