Chapter 11

*Disclaimer - The characters in this story belong to Orson Scott Card who wrote the book "The Lost Boys" and Joel Schumacher who directed "The Lost Boys" Movie. I only own the storyline to this story and any original characters I decide to add.*

Chapter 11

All three vampires flew up the stairs landing in front of the first bedroom. David threw the door open to...an empty room. David looked around the room seeing nothing but women's clothes.

'This must be mommy dearest's room'

He turned to Dwayne who moved to the second room. Dwayne threw the door open...to another empty bedroom. There were comic books spread out on the bed and posters covering the walls.

Sam's room

Dwayne glanced around until his eyes focused on the closet. He walked to the door and threw the door open. Laddie was cowering in the corner when the door was thrown open.

"Laddie?"

Laddie threw his head back to stare at Dwayne.

"DWAYNE?" Laddie threw himself at Dwayne and wrapped his arms around his waist. Dwayne moved Laddie off him and squatted down to his level. "Where's Star and Michael?"

Laddie shrugged his shoulders. The boy had not seen Star since he woke up when the sun set. Star and Michael were too busy with each other to pay attention to him.

Dwayne frowned. He stood up and lead him out of the room toward the stairs. "Go downstairs and wait with Marko."

The boy scurried down the stairs as Dwayne turned back to see David standing by the next room. David opened the door to see another empty room. It smelled of pot and had a lot of dead stuffed animals in it.

Old man's room

The other lost boys turned to Paul who stood by the last room. He smirked and threw open the door...to another empty room. Paul cursed and stepped away from the door to allow David to walk in. David stalked in looking around the room for any clues on where the two half-bloods were at. He could see that the room had been ransacked with drawers dumped out and the closet had empty hangers in it.

"David"

David turned to Paul who stood by a window...an open window.

David and Paul looked down to see Michael's bike missing.

David cursed. Star and Michael must have escaped when the Lost Boys were dealing with the Frog Brothers and Sam. He turned and stalked out of the room heading down the stairs. Sam and the Frog Brothers were still out on the ground but Marko had bound their hands behind their backs. Marko was leaning against the wall staring at them while Laddie was sitting in a chair kicking his feet.

Marko raised his eyes to watch David who was rubbing his hand against his eyes. He could understand his sire's frustration. Michael and Star were Max's children not David's but David was being forced to take care of them. The fact that Michael and Star ran off was not good.

David lowered his hands to stare at the three kids on the ground.

"We'll take those three and Laddie back to the cave. Lock those three in different holding cells after we strip them of weapons. Laddie can be in the lobby with Maya. We'll go get something to eat for us. Dwayne and I will track where Michael and Star have gone while Paul and Marko collect food for Maya and Laddie. Blood and regular food for Maya. Laddie can eat outside while Maya feeds. I'm sure those idiots didn't give the kid anything to eat at all so far."

All three vampires nodded.

Paul reached down and grabbed one of the Frog brothers throwing them over his shoulder while Marko grabbed Sam. The two walked out the door and disappeared into the night sky.

Dwayne grabbed Laddie while David grabbed the other frog brother and followed closing the door behind them. This would the last time any of the mortals would ever see this house again.