Chapter 8

*Disclaimer - The characters in this story belong to Orson Scott Card who wrote the book "The Lost Boys" and Joel Schumacher who directed "The Lost Boys" Movie. I only own the storyline to this story and any original characters I decide to add. *

Chapter 8

"Looks like a dead end. Let's get out of this place." A voice drifted in a dark cave.

"They hid their coffins somewhere else?". Another voice said.

"AHHHH!!! I thought they were supposed to be in Coffins?" A third voice called out.

The lost boys had no idea of the betrayal that Michael had done or the danger they were in. Three humans had entered their sleeping nest. The three persons turned out to be the frog brothers and Sam Emerson.

All three boys were staring up in shock at the five people hanging above them.

"That's what this cave is. One giant coffin" Alan said.

"Wait?!? Maya" Sam exclaimed.

"Told you she was a bloodsucker. Kill her first. Girl bloodsuckers have the worst temper when their group is in trouble" Edgar snarled.

"We'll have to kill them all. Don't know who the leader is. First come First Staked" Alan stated pulling out a wooden stake. Sam frowned.

"That's not funny guys. Look maybe this isn't a good idea. Maya's nice." Sam said.

"Only good Bloodsucker is a Dead Bloodsucker" Edgar said.

"NO WAIT STO..." Sam yelled and reached forward to stop them.

Sam pulled on Edgar and when he jerked away the stake flew forward hitting into Maya's stomach. Maya jerked awake in pain screaming. She dropped to the ground hitting hard. Above her, the other lost boys had woken up to the sound of their sister in pain and snarled. She looked down at her stomach to see a wooden stake wedged in the middle of it. She glanced up to meet Sam's eyes.

Tears rolled down her face "Why Sam?"

Sam's eyes watered at the pain and fear on Maya's face. The frog brothers grabbed Sam and started pulling him toward the exit.

"We got to get out of here." Edgar yelled.

David was finally to get focused and saw the three humans. His eyes tightened in anger and snarled at them. "Your dead meat!"

David dropped down and took off after the humans as the other boys dropped to their sister. They were furious.

Sam and the frog brothers climbed through the tunnel and started climbing out into the sunlit lobby. Sam was almost out when David grabbed Sam's leg and started dragging him back in the tunnel. Edgar and Alan grabbed Sam and pulled him toward the light. David had no choice but to let go of Sam when the light hit his hand. A tear ran down David's face before a smile creeped over his face.

'Tonight, the frogs die. They broke the treaty and now they WILL pay. Max has no say over the matter anymore.'

David flew back to the sleeping chamber to see Dwayne sitting on the floor with Maya leaning against his chest. He had his wrist to her mouth letting her drink his blood.

Paul and Marko were kneeling by Dwayne's side. Both had healing bite marks on their wrists. David knelt beside his brother and sister as she fed. She looked so pale. Color was only starting to come back to her face. Tears ran down her face as she shuddered with pain.

David leaned forward and ripped her shirt up to look at the wound. The stake had gone all the way through her stomach. It would take a lot more blood than this for her to fully heal but at least she was now out of danger of dying from the wound.

Dwayne slowly moved his wrist from her mouth ignoring the whimper she gave. "Can't give any more sister."

David reached forward and gently placed her in his lap. He leaned on the side of the wall, raised his wrist to his mouth and bit down until he tasted blood. He moved his arm to Maya's mouth offering the blood to her until he had to stop her from drinking anymore.

David was furious with Max for protecting the humans over his clan. They all knew about those stupid comic books but Max was convinced the two would not know how to deal with real vampires. David glanced down at his sister as she released his wrist. He could clearly see the wound from children who obviously knew enough to be dangerous. The frog brothers were dead for this and nothing Max could or would say would save them.

Maya raised her eyes to his "What now?"

David looked at her before looking at the other boys. "We rest. We prepare for tonight. They won't return today. Tonight, we do this our way. Not Max's. Ours. Sam and Michael will be locked up and as for the frogs. I'm thinking a first meal for our brothers. Don't you think boys?"

The lost boys nodded. No one hurt their lost girl. No one.

David nodded before looking down at Maya. "Rest. No one will hurt you again. I promise." She nodded her head and curled up on his lap. Tonight, they would pay.

Paul slipped off his jacket and placed it over Maya. Maya smiled at her brother. The other three vampires flew up and went back to sleep. David pulled maya close and whispered for her to go to sleep. Maya whimpered at that idea, but David shushed her. He would protect his clan until it was safe. No one would ever get near his family again.