Chapter 6

*Disclaimer - The characters in this story belong to Orson Scott Card who wrote the book "The Lost Boys" and Joel Schumacher who directed "The Lost Boys" Movie. I only own the storyline to this story and any original characters I decide to add. *

" " - Out Loud

' ' - Thoughts or Vampires speaking through their minds

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 6

The sun slowly set as the vampires started to stir. Being the youngest, Maya was the last to start waking up. She slowly rubbed her eyes as she listened to her brothers shifting from a long day's sleep. David had already dropped down and was stretching his arms out pulling on the muscles in his back. Dwayne was watching Paul and Marko argue about who was the nosiest sleeper. Paul shoved Marko backward into Maya. Maya, unexpecting it, almost fell if Dwayne had not grabbed her.

David raised an eyebrow at the two boys. "Are you two finished?"

Paul and Marko smirked. The other boys and Maya released the bars and floated down to the ground. They got dressed and moved to the front of the cave. Laddie was laying on the couch reading a comic book while Star was pacing back and forth.

"David, I want to go to the boardwalk alone." Star stated.

David tilted his head at her. "Why?"

Star opened her mouth before lowering her eyes down.

David scoffed. "You and Laddie will remain in the cave tonight. Do not leave."

Star frowned and stormed toward her room.

David frowned. "Star"

She stopped and waited.

"I said you were to remain in the cave tonight and not leave. Do you understand?"

Star turned and looked over her shoulder at David. "Yes, David. I understood you. I'm to remain here like a good girl and watch Laddie while you vampires get to go out tonight. If that's all, I'm going back to bed."

Star went behind the curtain and laid down on the bed. David stared at her for several minutes debating if he should deal with this now or make her pay later before deciding to deal with it later. The others looked at each other before following David.

Everyone quietly flew up the cliff wall and climbed on the bikes. David revved his engine before taking off with the others quickly following. The Lost Boys pulled up outside of the Emerson household. Inside they could hear Sam, the old man and Michael talking. Maya could not help but laugh at Sam telling the old man to use Windex as aftershave. They watched as the old man left. It would be easier to mess with Michael if the old man was not here.

David and the others revved their engine before rising in the air with their motorcycles. They started blasting their lights into the house as David called out to Michael. The minute Michael threw the door open they turned off their lights and stopped messing with the wind.

They heard Michael tell Sam to go take a bath however he spent a few more minutes looking out into the dark before he turned away. Michael didn't look so good.

Maya frowned before turning to David. 'Is it safe to leave Sam in the house with him? Michael looks really bad."

'He'll be fine. Sam has that mutt with him. The mutt will protect him. Come on we have to report to Max'