M.A.L.L.

At lunch the following day, Monster High’s Creepateria was absolutely abuzz with stories of the amazing, stylish, supernaturally interesting Miss Flapper. Why, even Spectra Vondergeist, everyone’s favorite purple-haired ghost, was posting about the new teacher on her blog, Ghostly Gossip!

It was as if the entire student body, both boys and girls, had developed an all-consuming crush on the newest member of the staff. Well, maybe not the entire school. Venus, Robecca, and Rochelle were far too focused on another member of the faculty to mind Miss Flapper.

Rochelle: There is no point mincing words: Clearly an intervention is needed!

Rochelle was tapping her fingers repeatedly on the wooden tabletop, dimpling the surface.

Venus: An intervention for what?

Rochelle: For depression, of course! Regardez! He’s trying to drown himself in his soup!

Venus rolled her eyes at Rochelle before realizing that Mr. D’eath was, in fact, trying to submerge his bony face in two inches of split pea soup. You walked by and pulled his head out, telling him not to try and drown himself at school.

You then walked off to your usual table. You sat down with your food and started to eat.

Your mind was still on what the troll had told you the day before. It was an extremely cryptic message, but you couldn't figure out what he meant by it.

Draculaura: You okay, Y/N?

You looked up and nodded. However, you noticed that Lagoona and Frankie seemed a bit out of it as well.

Y/N: Uh, yeah. Just, thinking about something. I had a seriously weird encounter with that troll yesterday in Dr. Clamdestine’s class. He was freaking out about something, but I couldn’t understand a single word he said.

Draculaura: Well, they are quite elderly trolls. Or perhaps they’re not up to date on their rabies vaccinations; incoherent babbling is a very common sign of infection.

That was actually true. Still, it was strange. And Venus was just as confused as you were. Maybe you should talk to her about it later.

You went back to eating, but looked at Frankie and Lagoon again. What was up with them?
---------------
Miss Flapper frolicked effortlessly down the purple-and-green corridor. The nimble-footed European was leading a bevy of trolls who themselves were walking small green dragons, each no larger than an average house cat. The unusually delicate Miss Flapper appeared almost to be walking on air, so light and feminine was her step.

Dressed head to toe in white Scaremès couture, the woman floated from student to student, whispering in their ears. And while no one could hear what she was saying, it must have been terribly intense. The students’ faces momentarily flashed blank before morphing back to normal.

Venus: What do you suppose Miss Flapper is whispering to them?

Venus was asking Rochelle as a pod of pumpkin heads knocked against her in their pursuit of the popular teacher.

Rochelle: Although this is purely conjecture, it’s possible she is informing them of the trolls’ dubious Bitealian vaccination records.

You opened your locker just as Miss Flapper rounded the corner. She spotted you and smirked, but was stopped when three students suddenly began singing.

Pumpkin Heads: Miss Flapper is so pretty, like a perfect Persian kitty~

She looked at them before looking up to see that you were still getting your books.

Miss Flapper: Oh, pumpkin heads. It’s such a shame you’re not in my class. You really must join my after-school club, the Monster Advancement League League. We added the extra league so that we might call ourselves MALL.