Castlevania

You poked at the fire while you waited for Abbey and Veronica to wake up. The night was restless and you still felt some of your injuries. Luckily your uncle was able to give you some remedies to help with the pain. Something that you appreciated.

Speaking of your uncle, you looked over to see him standing at the edge of the hill. He was watching the castle. You looked past him to watch it yourself. It was huge, and your friends were there. In a few hours the others would be there as well. No one knew you were alive outside of this group and Dracula. You had the element of surpise. Something that would be useful.

However, you attention turned back to your uncle. You knew he wasn't related by blood, but did he know who you really where? Who this Oscar kid was? Did Dracula? Did anyone?

You looked at your hands for a moment. You then clenched them. No. You had bigger issues at hand right now. You needed to stop Stroker.

Veronica: You look tired.

You looked up to see her approaching you. She kept a blanket over her shoulders to stay warm in the morning chill. She was already naturally cold thanks to her blood, but this would be freezing to her.

She took a seat beside you in an attempt to get warmer. You wanted to help, but you didn't really know how to without making things weird.

Y/N: Did you sleep good?

Veronica shrugged. In truth, the nightmare was still fresh in her mind. Her father's murder was the beginning of the end. The next few hundred years that followed was a living nightmare. But she did escape. And now, after all that time, she was back.

Veronica: I'm mostly nervous. But, I'll be okay.

You were happy with that much. When it was all said and done, you'll be there to help. Plus, you did promise her a video.

Y/N: Well, I'll take it.

She smiled which made your cheeks get a bit warm. She was really close right now. And she had a pretty smile. This was an opportunity many boys would hope for. Yet here you were, living the dream.

Yep. This was all just....great.

Veronica: Are you nervous too?

You shrugged.

Y/N: Never stormed a castle before. And last time I faced Stroker I almost died.

Yeah, that was a reasonable concern. You shifted a bit and ended up bumping into her. You both immediately went stiff. She was really cold. And you were really warm.

Your uncle watched from over his shoulder. He then sighed.

Helsing: How does my nephew have no game? Where did I go wrong?

You stood next to Helsing and Abbey while Veronica and Dracula double checked the inventory. He had arrived shortly after Abby woke up which was nice. It put you at ease a bit more.

Veronica looked over to where the three of you were talking and sighed. Dracula looked up from the knife he was holding and followed her gaze. He then smiled.

Dracula: Did I ever tell you how I met Draculaura's mother?

Veronica looked at Dracula confused. What brought this up?

Dracula: It was a long time ago. Long before you were even a thought. Despite my good looks, I've been here for quite some time.

He then smiled, showing off his fangs.