The Unlives of Helsing

You groaned as you dragged your feet to the kitchen. You still had no real idea what happened the night before with the eggnog, but you had some ideas. But you did remember the kiss. And the one after that.

Did you regret it? Not at all. Did you wish things were simpler? Absolutely.

You found your uncle leaning against the counter with a mug of coffee. He was wearing his gear, meaning he would be leaving today for some job. Something that was confirmed when he gave you that same look he always gave you.

Helsing: How'd you sleep, champ?

You just groaned.

Helsing: Good to know.

He set his mug down and walked over to ruffle your hair, much to your annoyance. He just laughed at your pain and grabbed his hat.

Helsing: You'll have to drive Frankie home here in a little bit. They cleared the roads, so once she wakes up eat some breakfast and head out.

You gave him a thumbs up as he placed his hat on his head. He then grabbed his bag and headed for the door.

Helsing: Be safe, and don't do anything stupid.

Y/N: Yeah yeah. Whatever.

He left and you were soon laying on the couch. You used the blanket to stay warm and began to doze off again. You were still so tired. Sleep sounded good.

Frankie: Y/N?

You lifted your head to find Frankie entering the unliving room. She was still wearing a pair fo Draculaura's pajamas and her hair was messy. You sat up as she took a seat next to you. You lifted the blanket as an offering which she took. You both sat there, sharing the warmth, as silence filled the air.

Y/N: How did you sleep?

Frankie: Good, I guess. I got recharged pretty good. You?

Y/N: Good. Good.

This was awkward. You only really had yourself to blame for it too.

Frankie: About last night, when we kissed...

Y/N: I'm really sorry. I know that you probably....

Frankie: I don't want a relationship.

You stopped and looked at her. You blinked before nodding.

Y/N: Okay. Yeah. What?

Frankie sighed and turned to you.

Frankie: I think you're great, I really do. And who knows? Maybe we could be something. But, I'm still new to, well, everything. And I don't stand a chance against the other monsters in your life.

Y/N: Well, I wouldn't say that, but I get where your coming from.

Frankie smiled.

Frankie: But, we need to promise each other that we won't neglect our friendship anymore. Okay?

She held out her hand. You looked at it and smiled before shaking it.

Y/N: Sounds like a plan to me.

Her hand suddenly came off and you looked at it. You pulled it free and placed it back onto her stump. You both laughed. That was a weight off your shoulders. And, you felt much better.

Y/N: Actually, can I ask you a question? As a friend?

Frankie nodded.

Y/N: Between Operetta and Elissabat? Uh, who should I try to date?

Frankie: Well, I can see two options. Two futures, if you will.