Chapter 50

Chapter 50

The pilot landed hot-air balloon on a clear ground in the city. Once we were down safely, I stepped out along with King by my side. The entire ride lasted an hour though it only felt like a minute, like only minute had passed by.

It was not a minute.

"Did you enjoy?" King asked, holding my hand and taking me toward the car nearby.

It was Arnold waiting for us outside the car, he had driven back from the mountains after dropping us there.

"Yes. It was beautiful." I replied, looping my arm around his and resting my head over his shoulder.

Was I getting feelings? More feelings than I could handle? Yes and yes. I couldn't resist King, he just seemed like a wonderful man regardless of the fact he had given me a curse to live with for the rest of my life.

Arnold drove us back home to the penthouse where I showered and changed my clothes into the attire of a club as we were heading there next. According to King, the club was a safe haven for werewolves in the city and Frostford with no other being—humans—allowed inside.

I was going to dive into a complete different world without having much knowledge about it. As much as it terrified me, I tried not to complain as he had promised to keep me safe and that no one would trouble me in any way or form.

I wondered why...

Did he have control in the city as well?

Though, King warned me to not speak of the bite or the sudden change into a werewolf for my own sake as that would raise questions and doubts among the other werewolves.

I wore a long black velvet dress with a stretched out V-neck, exposing partly of my breasts and a pair of black strapped heels that felt like I was still floating in the air.

When we arrived at the club, King introduced me to a few men older than me but the same age as him. They were his friends from the city, young and wild, just as I expected.

There were different unfamiliar scents surrounding me. It gave me an idea about the people in the club. I was anxious and curious for as long as the first drop of alcohol didn't touch my lips.

Once it did, I felt relieved.

"He was born at the same time the first episode of The Simpsons was aired," One of his friend, Rafael, said while wavering his hand and chuckling. He was more drunk than I could ever become.

"Oh, wow!" I acted surprise.

I didn't knew King was older than me seven years. He was almost reaching twenty seven while I was turning twenty.

"Oh, you should know that his parents did believe he was a girl the entire time until he was born. Only then, they regretted having him." Drunk Rafael continued while King rolled his eyes on him.

I assumed they were closer—more like best friends forever.

"Really?" I giggled, turning my head to King who didn't look like a girl at all.

"It was a mistake." He whispered to me.

We sat in one of the private tables in the club, it's hues pink, purple and red. The lights flashed over us, dimly while loud music awakened the night and the bass vibrated on the tall walls of the club. The drinks were delicious and the little treats the waiters served went perfectly on with the drinks.

I didn't drink much, just a few sips here and there. I was still learning to cope with my addiction with drugs and alcohol and so far, it was working well.