Chapter 34

I was home in no time.

When I reached, I found Aunt Carol sitting pacing back and forth with her phone in her hand. Surprise washed over her face, and she twisted around upon hearing the doorknob shake.

"Eos," She sighed out in relief before stretching her arms and welcoming me into a hug. "I was so worried about you. Where did you go?" She questioned, wrapping her hands around me.

"I—I," I didn't know what to say. It had to be something not regarding the truth and the fact that I was kidnapped and forced to stay in a packhouse for the day. "I'm sorry, Carol. I was with a friend, and I lost track of time. I'm really sorry." I tried to make up something.

Aunt Carol stepped back and combed her fingers through my hair, "I'm just happy you're fine." She replied with a smile over her lips and relief brewing in her eyes.

It was usual for me to go on a bender and escape from the house for several days in a row. Sometimes, I wouldn't even inform anyone and stay high in my wonderland with Bryce, my boyfriend then. It was worse than compared to now. Although, I felt guilty for leading Aunt Carol and making her worry.

"I am. Thank you and I'm really sorry again," I lowered my hand to hers and grabbed it for a moment. "I promise, I wasn't doing anything."

"I trust you, Eos." She nodded.

I smiled at her before parting ways, "I should go get some sleep and you should too. I'm sorry for keeping you worried the entire day. Let's catch up in morning?" I asked her while standing on the first stair that led to my room.

Aunt Carol swirled and gave me another nod, "Goodnight, Eos."

"Goodnight." I waved my hand before fixing the duffle bag over my shoulder and heading back upstairs.

As soon as I reached my room, the scent of my Victoria Secret perfumes, and my cheap candles attacked me. I took a quick breath, my sniffing senses stronger than before. My eyes wondered across the room. It only felt like a second.

Rushing in, I placed my bag over the bed and neared the window that was slightly opened. Aunt Carol must've drawn it to let some fresh air inside the room. I tucked aside the curtain and looked outside.

The black wolf.

It wasn't there anymore. It being King. He had been watching me for days after he bit me, keeping a track on me and all this time I thought some wild animal was obsessed with my blood.

I shook my head and smiled before closing the curtains and the window altogether. Switching on the lights, I pulled my dirty clothes out of the bag and kept them in laundry. Just beneath all the clothes, I found my phone, low battery and blinking repeatedly.

Just last night, I was having a date with King in the woods nearby and the other moment, I was kidnapped and forced to shift. It was a crazy twenty-four hours, but I was back in reality.

But something inside me, a little piece of me, was left behind at the packhouse and I couldn't figure out what it was. My world was dulled when I stepped out of King's car and took a two-minute walk to my home. I couldn't understand myself. I was looking to escape the pack house one minute and flee from King's life but the other minute, I was willing to be there, in his life and at that packhouse.

What was wrong with me?

I quickly changed my clothes and cleaned my bed before laying down with a comforter hanging over my shoulders. My eyes fell upon the full moon that was lowering itself in the night sky. My heart continued to thud in my chest, the fear and the panic still not resting. There were countless thoughts running in my head.