Harsh Waters Ahead!

The next morning, Rasshu wakes up and makes her way down to the medical room where Gyutaro was last left... Knocking on the door, she gently slides the door to the side as the demon lifts his head up, glaring at the robed woman walking towards him. Rasshu seems to be scanning for her blood packet but when she doesn't see it anywhere her posture relaxes, he must've taken in the blood, that's good. Lightly, she cups the demon's face in her hands as she expresses her concern for him, insisting that he should stay inside the manor for now... Gyutaro's face fills with warmth as he rests his dreadful hand over hers, simply nodding in compliance as she hugs him for a few seconds. But feeling the hashira's heartbeat spike, they both hear a firm knock on the manor's front door! Rasshu jolts up wearing a serious stoic expression as she leaves the medical room, closing the medical door behind her so no one can peer in and discover the secret she's been keeping...

Opening the front door, Rasshu's silky kimono waves slightly as Sakonji stands holding a scroll. Looking at his best friend's attire, he mocks about how she's usually on top of being up early but she looks like she hasn't even woken up yet, and it's already twelve! That's beside the point though, as he formally greets the hashira handing her a mission scroll... Knowing that Rasshu was worried about the demon sightings around his region lately, Sakonji requested one of his missions to be a joint mission: a mission where he could bring another as a backup. With delight, Daichi permitted this as long as the mission got done fast since having two higher-ranked hashira go off on a scouting mission could be problematic back here with all of the missions going on lately! With the knowledge that Rasshu can join Sakonji in his mission to check up on her sensei, she gladly accepts it but she swiftly shoos the water pillar away, claiming that she needs to get ready for the mission... closing the door abruptly in his face, she yells for him to go home and she'll meet him at his manor later so they can set off then! Yelling back, Sakonji agrees as he departs from the lion's manor. Leaving Rasshu in a concerning situation, as she enters the room where Gyutaro sits in waiting, glaring up at the ceiling boredly. Coming up to the demon she looks at his face and sits beside him... Lovingly, she begins to run her fingers through his hair, caressing his face and in response, Gyutaro starts to instinctively make a deep soft sound, a sound akin to a cat's purr but more... unsettling... Finally questioning if he was listening to her conversation, he nods with concern asking if he should try to go, but he earns a light pinch on his neck. Rasshu leans her head on his shoulders as she assures him that she will be safe as she won't be alone, she'll be with Sakonji Urokodaki: the fabled water hashira and more importantly, her best friend! Gyutaro's expression becomes a bit jealous as he snarks at the fact that he can't go to protect her... can't she just get another female hashira to accompany her! Damn... Gyutaro doesn't actually like Sakonji as he feels like that would be his competition for Rasshu's attention if anything... But Rasshu dawns an annoyed grin as she questions his trust in her loyalty? Swiftly avoiding that trap of a conversation he changes topics, Gyutaro asks what he should do during the meantime which pilots Rasshu back into a serious tone... standing up, she looks at the demon's physique as she places one simple request. Since she and Sakonji will be gone for a few days and many slayer are out on missions, the Demon slayer corps would have less protection and power in case of a demon outbreak or an attack... Revealing that there are only three hashira that live relatively close to Master Daichi's residence, Rasshu levels herself with Gyutaro's eyes as she requests her companion to try and kill any threats if anything happens while she's gone... Gyutaro begrudgingly looks at the hashira's concerned face, as he agrees to it but only under one condition. She must come back so he can see her smile again. Rasshu cracks an embarrassed smirk that fills Gyutaro with bliss as he touches her warm fangs. Finally, the hashira bestows a soft kiss on his cheek as she leaves to get ready for the mission. Leaving Gyutaro to sit alone in the dark as Rasshu goes off to pack up, change into her uniform, and leave. Hearing the click of the front door, Gyutaro slips his hands under the pillow as he pulls out the full packet of Rasshu's blood revealing his own level of restraint... Even in his dire state, he promised not to devour any human's blood... and that includes even the most tantalizing kinds of blood. So yes, not even the sweet succulent blood of his partner could make him falter in his word.