Chapter 17

Nick's Pov

I was surprised when Regina threw me over the couch. Hearing her and dad's conversation and what she said to Aria, I knew that she was no longer innocent like she was before.

After she left with her kids,I slowly got off the floor and next to mom who looks tired and Alessia who's sleeping.

"Mom, are you okay?" I asked worriedly

She look tired and haven't slept well since a month ago.

"Yes, I just need to rest some. Can you put Alessia to bed?" She asked

I nodded, picking up Alessia and headed upstairs.

Reaching Alessia's room, I was greeted by sea animals painted on the wall. Ever since she was two years old, she was always obsessed with the sea along with the animals.

I carefully put her down into bed, trying not to wake her up as she can sometimes throw a tantrum.

Walking out the room, I softly closed the door. Walking down the hall, I soon stopped in front of the guest room Regina was staying in.

I haven't had the chance to speak with her since she arrived. She wasn't given the warmest welcome since coming here.

Quietly opening the door to see Regina and her kids asleep.

Turing around to leave, to hear Regina's voice and sounds of sobbing.

Turning back to see Regina sobbing in her sleep.

I can't hear her very clear but sound like she mumbling something in Greek.

Luckily, I study greek.

Standing a little closer to bed to hear what shocked me the most.

"Λυπάμαι, λυπάμαι πολύ" Regina mumbled (I'm sorry, I'm so sorry)

Why is she apologizing and who is she apologizing to?

Before I could hear anything else, I surprise when Ross grabbed my shoulder and dragging me out of the room.

"Why were you in her room?" He asked suspiciously

"I....I just wanted to talk with her for a minute but when I got there she was already sleep." I said

He then sighed and walked to his room.

Thinking about why and who Regina was apologizing to. One of my theories was that she was talking her childrens' father.

I went back to my room and decided to look into the years Regina went missing and find the sites that she might have appeared at.

*Dream flashback*

On a dark night in the midsummer at the southern docks large group of people unloading large carts from the ship into the dark black vans.

At least not to far from scene was a girl who was about fifteen looking through her sniper rifle at the scene.

"Targets in sight, is everyone in position?" The girl asked through the earpiece

Many people rely 'yes' to the girl.

She then took breath locking onto the leader of the group before shooting.

*BANG*

The bullet soon ended in between the man's eyes then his body collapsed making the people around become highly alert.

"狙撃手がいるから気をつけて。出荷カートの近くにチェックに行く人もいま"
(Stay alert there's a sniper here. Some of you go check near the shipping containers.)

Seeing the men becoming more alert and some heading her way, she sent a signal to the others.

Seeing the men who were coming, she then got up from her position and jumped two containers over soon landing on the last one.

Waiting for right moment, she jumped down quickly and silently sliced their throats.

A shadow then towered the girl but she was not scared nor surprise.

"You finished your end, Oliver?" She asked

"Yep, the rest are ready as well, Regina." Oliver said

Regina nodded and started heading to the cargo ship. She then stopped for a minute thinking that it was too easy, especially if this Mafia was the fifth most powerful.

*💥BOOM BOOM💥*

Looking towards the sound to see that it was the cargo ship that exploded.

'Dammit, it's a trap' Regina thought

"The others are at the west exit. From the looks of it their trying to block all exits and surround us." Oliver said

Regina nodded

They then started running towards the west exit.

Along the way they spotted at least 5 SUVs heading to the west exit as well.

"Oliver, call them and warn them that the Japanese are heading their way. I try to take out some of them for them." Regina said

After she finished, then headed towards the side jumping on the carts onto the containers to a better view.

Taking her rifle she then got into position. Taking a breath she then shoot the tires on the third car making them lose control and ran off the road into the ocean.

She then did the same to the first car making them collide with the second on.

Before she shot the next car a bullet then glazed her shoulder near her neck and arm by surprise.

Knowing that she was discovered she quickly abandoned her position and headed to exit where the others are.

"Are you guys there?" Regina asked in the earpiece

"We're all alive, but having some problems. Their numbers increased so there an estimate of one hundred-fifty of them here now. Luckily, we have your poison grenades on us to help." A girl said

"Thanks Kim, just hang in there, I'm on my way. There should be two cars heading your so be careful and also inform the rest as well." Regina said

Regina then ended the call.

'Time for the show to begin' Regina thought