Chapter 6: Parcel 9

'Do you think he's going to be ok Kie?' I ask Kiara as she braids my hair on her bed.

'Yeah, John b's tough, he'll be fine'

'I should've gone with him' I complain. Once the ambulance arrived last night my sister insisted that she should go with John b to the hospital much to my annoyance and due to the state of anger and sadness I was in, I didn't protest. I took a ride home with Kie and I was going to walk home but then I got text from Sarah saying that our dad had agreed to become John b's legal guardian and that infuriated me enough to avoid going home and sleeping at Kie's. 

'No, trust me you made the right choice, John b deserves the silent treatment after he let Sarah Cameron into our group without asking us first' Kie says and I nod my head, she was right.
'Now back to business, what happened between you and JJ last night' she continues pulling my hair to tighten the ponytail. My face immediately goes red as I think about the events of last night. I can still feel JJ's closeness on my body.
'What are you talking about?'
'Don't play dumb, don't think I didn't notice you staring at JJ's lips while he rolled his blunt in the Twinkie last night' Kie tells me and I smile.

'Ok, basically JJ and I almost kissed last night' I say, her eyes widen and her mouth drops open.
'WOAH, wait what?!'
'Yeah' I smile even bigger as the memory replays in my head.
'How did it happen? Why didn't you kiss?' she starts asking.
'Well he was running from my brother, I helped him, locked us into the bathroom stall to get away and we were talking, I was telling him how worried I was and he was giving me negative self talk and we just started leaning in' I tell her
'And you didn't kiss?!' Kie protests throwing hands.
"No, we didn't, a stranger banged on the door telling JJ to hurry up" I say falling back on the bed.
"Wow, I'm mad at whoever that was now" Kie groans falling down on the bed with me. I give her a small laugh and then I tell her about the rest of the incident up until JJ and I were being escorted out of the building.
"Look Skylar, I don't know what you think is going on here, but it must've hit you in the head now that JJ is literally head over heels for you, if he didn't like you he would've tried everything to not kiss you at all costs" Kiara says trying to get me to see that JJ likes me.

"Ok Kie, lets just say that your right but I'm not 100% confident, what do I do" I ask.
"Just act normal, but add subtle hints, like mention the option of dating a couple of times and see if he picks it up. OH and also get really close to him, like I already know you guys are physical together but be more like a couple and trust me, JJ almost kissed you too, he is probably going to be even more flirty with you then normal' Kie tells me and I nod my head. She smiles and brings me into a hug.

'Your going to be with JJ!' Kie cheers and I roll my eyes with a smile.

'He has to return my feelings first Kie' I laugh before reminding her we were meeting the boys at the Wreck.

At the Wreck

'I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kiara asks as she places our food on our table at the Wreck.
'Tannyhill' John b says and I raise my eyebrow.
'Wait ur actually living with Sky and her family, I mean the whole reason she wants the gold is to move away from her parents, isn't that enough of a red flag' Kie continues.
'Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't...' John b begins to explain but Pope interrupts
'Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now? Like Sky wouldn't have to sneak you in like she did when we were younger' he says and I chuckle.
'I don't know, Pope'
'What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?'
'Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?' Pope and JJ say grilling John b with questions and I tap him on the shoulder.
'Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her' I tell him with sad eyes. I hated the idea of my friend getting hurt, especially if my sister was going to be the one hurting him
'Bro, just own it. She got you' JJ groans as he throws a chip into his mouth.
'Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah' Kie adds putting her hand on my shoulder supporting me.
'Do you guys see her here? No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?' John b says looking at me.
'Well I guess, you living with me is going to make the place more bearable but I'm with Kie' I tell him putting my hand over his and squeezing it.