Chapter 5: Midsummers

A/N

Thank you so much for 100 views and 12 votes. I'm so happy you guys are enjoying this story, I've been having a great time writing it and I'm so excited for you guys to read this chapter because a lot goes down with Skylar's relationships with friends and family and of course its Midsummers which is my favourite episode from season 1 by far. XD

Skylar's POV

I've been waiting in the jail waiting room for a long time. I didn't know where he was but all I knew was that I was going to be here when he got out. My shoe was anxiously tapping the floor and I couldn't keep my hands still. The receptionist was watching me, she went on the phone about 2 minutes after I had walked in and she kept giving me looks every now and then until she hung up and went back to work.

I hear the door open behind me and I see my father walk in. 'Hey sweetie' he says before walking over to the receptionist and offering a thank you. I sigh realising that the receptionist had been on call with my father. Thanks for ratting me out.

'Alright lets go' Ward says and I shake my head.
'No, I'm waiting for JJ to get let out' I reply and then I get the 'come on look'
'No your coming home and getting ready for Midsummers' he says offering his hand for me to pick it up.
'I can't go to Midsummers, not when my best friends in jail and his fathers going to come pick him up' I say. That was the other reason I was there, to make sure JJ's father didn't lash out at him, like I knew he was going to.
'JJ's father has his own way of parenting his kid and I'm sure he doesn't want you messing up JJ's mind so come home now' Ward says but in an even sterner tone.
'Or your grounded'
That was it. I hated the word grounded because it meant I was confined to my bedroom and whenever a family member needed help with something I had to help. The last time I was grounded Sarah made me go to a Kook party and Kelce wouldn't leave me alone. I sigh in defeat and stand up from my chair. 'Hey, can you tell JJ Maybank, when he's released that Skylar Cameron came by to check if he was ok and if he could text me to let me know he's ok' I tell the receptionist and she nods.
Dad and I then walk out of the jail only to see the man that makes my blood boil more then anyone else, Luke Maybank.

He closes the door of his car and points to our car

He closes the door of his car and points to our car. 'This your car Cameron' Luke asks. 'Yes it is Maybank' my dad says, clicking his keys to unlock the car. Luke runs his hand over the car before looking at me as I stared daggers at him.
'What's your problem' Luke asks me. 'She doesn't have a prob-' my dad starts to say but I interrupt him. 'If you so much lay one finger on JJ I'm going to come at you so hard your going to have to drink the masses of alcohol you consume with a straw' I threaten.

 'If you so much lay one finger on JJ I'm going to come at you so hard your going to have to drink the masses of alcohol you consume with a straw' I threaten