Chapter 2: The Lucky Compass

A/N

I know this whole hospital scene is probably so inaccurate as to a real hospital scene so please don't judge me in the comments.

My whole body was hurting. I don't want to open my eyes but the light forces me to. I slowly open them and I find myself in a big bright room. My vision is blury but I just make out that I'm in a bed next to some monitors. Wait. Monitors. I rub my eyes and I look again, realising that I'm in a hospital room and then I remember I was shot in shoulder. I immediately look at my shoulder and see a bandage wrapped around it. I move my head to the left and I smile when I see JJ asleep in one of the chairs still dressed in the outfit he was wearing yesterday. He truly was the best friend in the world.

'JJ?' I say, my voice coming out a little rough and quiet

'JJ?' I say, my voice coming out a little rough and quiet. He immediately begins to stir. He does a giant yawn and stretch before fully focusing on me. Once he notices I'm awake he eyes pretty much jump out of his head in relief and he almost sprints to my bedside. 'Holy shit, Sky your awake! Are you ok? Do I need to get the nurse or something?' he asks in hysterics. If I wasn't so sore I would've started laughing hysterically at how worried he was. 'Woah, JJ calm down, first I'm fine and second, can you get the doctor I just want to know wha-' I say but I'm interrupted by the door opening and a doctor walked on in. what perfect timing I think to myself. 'Oh your awake Miss Cameron, that's great, we hoped you would wake up around now' the doctor told me looking over his clipboard.

'So what happened, I mean I know I got shot but what happened after I passed out.... Dr Dorian' I asked, reading his name tag.

'Well we don't know what happened before you arrived at the hospital but once you were here you were in a pretty bad place, you were going in and out of consciousness, your friends were trying really hard to keep you awake but you arrived here in good time, you friend here' he said pointing at JJ. 'Carried you into reception and pretty much screamed for someone to help you, we brought you through to the emergency room for an analysis, he hasn't left your side since you were brought into the emergency room' he continued and I looked over at JJ who was going red and I felt my own face start to heat up. 'But there's nothing to worry about, the bullet just grazed the side of your shoulder, the falling unconscious was a reaction to the state of shock I think you went through and your friend told us that you had just experienced a rush of adrenaline which would also explain it' Dr Dorian finished informing me and I nodded. 'So how long until she can leave?' JJ asks. 'Well, you can pretty much leave right now but you just need to take it easy for a little bit so your shoulder can heal, the bullet didn't have to be removed because it scraped you, your a very lucky girl' I nod at Dr Dorian's words. 'Your father should be here to pick you up soon' the nurse says and right after those words were said I start to protest. 'No, my father doesn't need to pick me up, I can make my own way home, my friend can take me' I say pointing to JJ. 'I'm sorry Ms Cameron but your father needs to pay the hospital bill and family must be notified when a child under the age of 18 is admitted to hospital' Dr Dorian says before bidding me a farewell and leaving me and JJ in the room. I immediately start to make my way out of the bed and JJ's immediately at my side.