Chapter 10: The Phantom

A/N

It's finally over :(

Sorry this took so long. I rewrote it so many times trying to get the best chapter I possibly could and I think this is the best I can. Thanks for the votes and reads and I'm going to do season 2 as a second book, called Always and Forever. Also is everyone excited for S3 on Feb 23rd cause it's driving me crazy, I'm a huge JIARA shipper but I don't know how I'm going to put Skylar in it, I guess we'll find out. Anyway enjoy the final chapter.

<3

I wake up to someone running their fingers through my hair. I slowly open my eyes and I see my head is resting on the chest of someone wearing a blue shirt and shark necklace. I weave my arm out from under JJ's and I squeeze his arm.

'Good morning' I mutter, my voice still a bit croaky.
'Morning princess' I hear JJ say next to me and I move my body so I'm looking up at my beautiful boyfriend
'How are you feeling after the last couple of days' JJ asks me and I shrug
'I don't know, I think I'm mostly scared for Johnny and now Sarah' I say and I was killing myself inside, especially for my sister. Who knows if she's still at home or wondering around looking for John b or if their together.

'He's pinched for sure, man' Pope's suddenly says and JJ and I look up to see him walking towards us. I stand up and J gets up behind me.
'No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him' JJ says looking at me and I nod before looking at the window
'Let's hope' I mutter
'You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too' Kie suddenly says from her table bed she had been sleeping on.
'Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B' Pope says with a rude undertone to his voice.
'So, find him before they do?' JJ asks but Pope ignores him. He heads to JJ's bag and grabs out some keys.
'Pope?' I ask, he hasn't been the same since last night, something was up and I don't think it was the weed.
'I'm gonna get gas for the boat' Pope says before walking past us. I look at Kiara with a confused look but she doesn't replicate, she definitely knows something.

'Hey, you be careful. Okay?' Kie tells Pope who gives her a look but just looks back at JJ and I.
'Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late' Pope says forcefully and I nod before we watch Pope push open the door.
'Kie-' I start but she ignores me and heads out behind Pope.
'Well that was some sexual tension' JJ says and I hit his shoulder.
'seriously J' I say and he shrugs. I sigh before heading out the door after my friends. I open the door to find Pope ramming JJ's bike while Kie looks upset,

'Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?' Pope says
'Pope, I'm being serious...' Kie says but Pope just rams the car again before driving off.
'I'm trying to talk to you!' my best friend yells as my other friend drives off. Kie turns around and looks at JJ and I who just look confused.
'Don't say anything to her, I'll handle it' I whisper to JJ
'Wasn't planning on it' he whispers back.
'Hey do you-'
'Let's talk inside' she interrupts me and I nod. Right before JJ and I were about to head back in all three of us hear the sound of a chopper and we look up to see helicopter fly above us.
'Who the hell is that?' JJ asks and I share a concerned look with Kie. 

'You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?' I ask Kie after she fills us in on his confession to her.
'It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation' she says as she hands me a loaf of bread.
'Is that enough food for them?' I ask
'I mean, for a couple of weeks and that's all they need, so...' JJ says trying to reassure me but it wasn't going to stop my worrying. I was a bit out of it cause I couldn't stop thinking about my sister and worrying about both her and my best friend.
'Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings' Kie says
'Kie, don't beat yourself up too much' I say heading round the island to give her a hug.
'He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde' JJ reminds her as we grab a box each and head out the door.
'I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope' Kie says
'At least we knew what to expect from him I guess' I add