Chapter 3: The Forbidden Zone

I pulled out a FedX package from the gap. I look it over and I slightly gasp when I see the words 'For Bird' scribbled on the front. 'S, did you find anything?' I hear Kie say from outside and I quickly make my way out through the gap back to the outside of the grave.

'That's not gold' Pope groans as I hand the package to John B. 'Holy shit. This is from my dad' John b says as he reads the writing. I give him a weak smile.  'Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!' JJ whisper yells and I turn to see a car pulling up.

'Go' Kie says pulling me behind the grave.

'It's the guys who robbed your house'

'Light!' I whisper shutting off my flashlight.

'Turn your light off, JJ!' I whisper and Pope turns JJ's light out.

'Do you think it's them?' Kie asks as JJ looks round the side of the wall. 

'Homie's got a gun ' he says and I immediately stand up. There was no way I was risking the chance of getting shot again. 'Screw this' I say bolting for the Twinkie with everyone hot on my heels. We can here the men shouting behind us.

'Right here!' I hear one yell as I reach the fence.

'Hurry up! Go!' JJ and Kie yell as they jump the fence. John B gives me a leg up so I can reach the fence a bit better. I slowly hoist myself over but I flinch because of my shoulder as I jump down causing me to trip, which results in me crashing into JJ. 'Woah, Skylar, you ok?' He asks me, grabbing onto my arms. I look up at him and I don't know what happens but I feel that wired feeling I felt back at the motel resurface but stronger than before. I quickly push it down and nod before I push myself away from him and stand up straight.
'Guys, I'm stuck' I suddenly turn around to see Pope stuck up the fence.
'Pope, come on!' JJ says
'I got you' Kie says grabbing Popes leg and attempting to pull him down while JJ pulls out the gun.
'Pope, don't move' he yells but I grab the gun and pull it out of his hands.
'Are you crazy, no way'
'You're gonna rip me' Pope complains
'You're fine. Come on!' Kie tells Pope before pulling hard on Popes leg. His pants rip and he falls to the floor, in only his boxers now.
'Pope, come on!' John b yells in between laughs as the rest of us burst into a fit of giggles seeing Pope in his underwear.
'Come on, dude. It's a little Tootsie Roll' JJ says and I laugh even harder. I catch JJ smiling at me as we run towards the Twinkie.
'Come on! Get in! Stupid!' Kie and I say as I grab the door of the Twinkie and pull it closed.

Time skip

'That bread had mold on it three days ago' I tell JJ as he makes a sandwich with moldy bread.
'I'll just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism' JJ says pulling off the mold with his fingers. Kie and I gag at him.
'JJ!'
'Yup, yup, yup! Hot damn! Let's do it. Mmm...' JJ starts to gag up his bread, I silently smirk to myself, he clearly had no idea did he. I turn my attention back to the package as John B pulls out a map.
'Holy shit'
'Oh. X marks the spot' Pope says
'Longitude, latitude. Wait, there's somethin' else in there' John b says before pulling out a tape recorder.
'What's that?'
'It's a tape recorder, dumbass' I tell JJ.
'Dear Bird. Who's Bird?' Kie asks.
'That's what my dad called me' John b says before pushing the play button on the recorder and big johns voice fills the room.

'I hate to say, "I told you so," but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either. You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listenin' to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica, livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits.
I look over at John B and he's on the verge of tears. Everyone else is dead silent.
If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If somethin' happens to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid. I love you, Bird, even if I didn't always act like it. I'll see you on the other side.