Chapitre 14

2007 preseason

Ralf's home in Monaco

Carissa's POV

Yuri and I were laid down in the living room bored out of our minds. It was weird not moving from country to country each weekend. At the beginning it was really nice to be able to stay home for such a long time, but after using every means of entertainment at least a hundred times it started to get boring.

The only thing that made it better was the fact that figure skating was still on, but that also meant that ballet was still on and that was horrible. Poor Yuri didn't have any Karting race either on the winter break so he was really stuck home. The only time he would leave would be to go have photoshoot at the studio down the road for Dior and Nike.

Luckily, Karma called last night to say that he was finally back in Monaco and not just for practice. So today source of entertainment would be Karma. Since I'm a good sister and don't want my twin to be left out, I asked him.
- Karma's back, I'm going to his place after diners want to come?

- Ah no it's fine wouldn't want to disturb the both of you.
I rolled my eyes at the comment. Yuri had been on a weird mood recently and would rarely hang out with us anymore which was weird since he used to come with every time, but I let it be.

- Fine then... What are you going to do instead?

- Oh I was thinking of inviting a friend...
I frowned. It was unusual for Yuri to invite a friend over especially since he always complains that they only hang out with him cause they're my friends and feel bad for him.

- Which friend?

- You don't know them...

- I know all of your friends.

- Well, not this one.

- Oh really then who is it?

- Remember the one who came to sleep over last year?

- When I left, right?

- Yeah, well it's that one.

- And does that one have a name?

- Yeah, his name his Max.

- Oh cute name...
I said narrowing my eyes at the same time, before suddenly standing up and saying.

- Well, then I'll leave you to it.
I said before making my way to the door and taking my scooter to get to Karma's house who was just up the street.

No one's POV

While riding her scooter all the way to Karma's house Carissa was wondering about this new friend of her brothers. She wasn't jealous that he had a new friend, but found it strange how he barely mentions him in front of her and the fact that she had never even seen him. The only information she knew about the boy was that his father was Jos Verstappen and that he did karting. Very limited information if you asked her. So she started to find it suspicious especially since has twins, they usually told each other everything.

So by the time she reached her best friend's house she had made up a plan to fix that. Arriving she dropped her scooter on the front lawn and ran up to the door opening it and entering the unlocked house.
- Karma I need your help with something.

- With what?

- I had this strange conversation with Yuri...
Karma hummed, to make her know that he was listening.
- So I asked him if he wanted to come over and hangout with us and he said no, which isn't strange in itself, but then he said that he'd invite a friend over.