Chapitre 12

Yuri POV

We found them in the garage where they were helping each other fix our karts, as well as giving each other tips about what made them faster or easier to control and stuff like that. Finding what they were doing boring we decided to head back to my room and play some games instead. We were playing a geography game that Max was quite fond of and which I didn't mind playing. So while Max was trying to find where Somalia was on the map I asked him.

- So... when we were talking over the phone you said that this was your third time you would be competing at the track.

- Yeah... What about it?
Max said finally having found Somalia and looking up at me giving me the bowl with different country names in it picking up Russia which I easily situated Max complaining that I only had the easy one before picking up Kuwait groaning since he didn't know where it was.
- Well, how did you do last time?

- I did okay, not my best race, but still managed a podium.

- Nice... So do you know anyone, who is coming this year? I asked, while Max had finally placed Kuwait on the map, I then reached out to pick another country picking Tunisia which gave me a bit more trouble than the rest, but still found it quite quickly.

- Well, I know some by name, but I never really spoke to any of them since... well you know my dad and all.

- Yeah, well uncle Micke was supposed to come, but he just had another baby, which is nice I'll be able to teach him how to drive when he gets a little older.

- Really a new Schumacher arriving in the game soon then?

- You could say that, but it won't be for a while that's for sure... I mean uncle Michael said he wouldn't put his children into the sport and would wait for them to decide to do it or not.

- Well, then I guess you're the future of the family.

- Haha yeah I guess so... I said feeling awkward at the statement. I hated when people said that to me or reminded me that I was the future of the Schumacher name. I found it quite stressful and it being unnecessary pressure, but was used to it by now so when it happens I just forced out a laugh and acted like nothing happened.
We then continued to play the game making small talk until we were called down for dinner, we ate before going to bed seeing as the competition was early in the morning.

————————————————————————

Next day, at the track

We had just arrived at the track and we're getting out the car. As usual fans came rushing to us asking for autographs which were mostly granted, but not to everyone as I was just trying to push past them and get to the pitman where they wouldn't be able to reach me. This was one thing that I hated about racing the crowd. I hated being crowded and it sadly happened too often for comfort. The worse about it is because I'm still a kid and like four feet nothing I'm unable to see anything, beyond the crowd can be very scary as they come all up in your face having no regards for your personal space. So when I saw an opening I darted towards the pit lane. Once there I bend forward letting my hands rest on my knee to catch my breath.

I suddenly felt hands placing themselves on my armpits before pulling me up. I panicked a bit, not enticing this until my eyes met up with familiar blue ones.
- Uncle Kimi you came! I said thrilled that he made it seeing that he had been in Switzerland and wasn't sure if he would be able to make it.

- Well, of course, I did, I mean I would do everything to prove that I'm the better uncle and if it means taking a flight at three am because Michael wouldn't be able to show up I would do it. He said in Finish while placing me on his hip and walking back out the pit lane where he could see Dad searching for me.