Chapitre 5

Time skip

January 2001
Barcelona testing

Ralf POV

The twins will now officially turn two in two months and this will also mark the two most wonderful years of my life.

I will admit, when they were first dropped off at my house I had my doubts like, will I be able to raise two kids on my own, what will I do when I have races and other worries like that?

But honestly I wouldn't see myself without them today. They go everywhere I go and I'm so thankful to have two little supporters everywhere I go.

In these past two years, they've also been introduced to all the other drivers on the grid as well has been babysat by most of them. I swear to god some of them are in love with them. Like some you wouldn't expect to like children and yet have babysat them the most often. I'm talking about one of this year-rookie Kimi Raïkkönen aka the Iceman.

He's literally obsessed with Carissa and is always willing to babysit her. Even last year when he was just a testing driver. I think it's because he sees her has a little sister plus it gives him the chance to disconnect with racing for a bit. Plus it works out great cause Carissa loves calm people and Kimi a really calm person.

While Yuri tends to be more around Michael since he loves Ferrari or you can see him with the mechanics. He loves cars honestly it's all he interested in.

So yeah there never a bother here in the paddock and are just loved by everyone. They've also more recently been coming to the press conference in which I mostly let them run around. But they mostly just go sit with David the press manager or come sit with the drivers.

They have also recently started to vocalize more and are almost able to say some easy words. It's honestly what I'm the most excited for at the moment just hearing them say their first words.

Anyway they're currently with David who offered to keep an eye on them while I was in the car. He told me they would start doing the press conference and that I could come to get them at the same time that I would have to go.

So I went to the car and we did a lot of testing it had been about five hours when we finally finished everything. I then made my way to the press conference in which I would be joined by two of the new guys Kimi and Alonso.

Press Conference Room

- Next we will be joined by Kimi Raïkkönen, Ralf Schumacher and Fernando Alonso. David said while we walked into the room.

While walking into the room, I checked to see where the kids were but couldn't really see them. So I just sat down and continued my search before David and I made eye contact in which he signal to me that they went to the bathroom with Michael.

Seeing that they weren't missing I calmed down and started to pay more attention to what was going on. Thankfully, I didn't get many questions yet since the journalist were a bit more interested with the fresh meat than me.

-Ralf what do you think about these two guys next to you and could you give them some advice about what they should and shouldn't do this year? Journalist 1

- Yeah sure, first of all, I think they're great individuals but even better drivers I see a special something in them and believe they can achieve their goals in the sport. Has for advice I would say just don't give up. There will be hard times to come but remember you have always more to learn from losing then from winning plus you have a long career ahead of you so no need to rush your time will come.

- Well, those are great advice their Ralf. I was also wondering what did you think about having these two being your partners for today press conference? Journalist 1

- It feels great, I mean there's fewer questions being asked to me which I certainly don't mind. I said making a few people laugh knowing that most drivers don't enjoy being asked too many questions.

They then continued asking a bunch of questions to the two rookies before one was interrupted mid sentence by the door opening revealing Michael with the two twins in hand. He put them down and when their eyes laid on me they came running to me with their arms opened. I took Yuri in my arms seeing has Carissa had made a stop to hug Kimi before making her way around him to meet me. She then opened her arms towards me and mumbled.

- P-a pa. Papa. She said

I was shocked she had just said her first word and it was Papa I had this huge smile on my face I felt has happily had if I had won the lottery. I was so happy but wanted to hear it again so I picked her up and put her on the table.

- Baby, can you say that again? I said.

She tilted her head to the side seeming not to understand but then she started to speak again.

- Papa... Papa
- Yes baby I'm Papa
- Papa
- Omg wait sorry that I seem so excited it's just that it's the first word she ever said so I'm kind of in shock. I addressed to the media after having a bit of an episode.
- It's fine plus we're happy that we could assist to this special moment in her life. David's answer.

I then put Carissa down on the ground hugging her and telling her how proud I am of her. We continued the press conference for a while before ending it. Seeing have other drivers had heard that Carissa had said her first word, they decided to go to celebrate it. We went to a fancy restaurant close to the track and stayed there until the kids fell asleep on our laps. We then went back to the hotel to drop the twins off in their bedroom which was connected to mine since I wanted them to get used to not sleeping with me. After dropping them in bed me and some of the boys went to my room to continue our chat until late night when we finally decided to go to sleep.