20

Delilah's pov:
"Pone, can we go visit Johnny and Dally?" I asked politely.

It's been a few days sense the fire incident and the gang has been real worried about Johnny. None of us are really sure if he'll make it out alive.

So I'm trying to see him as much as I can so I can tell him goodbye when it's time.

Two-bit had stayed with us sense everyone else was gone and because Darry told him to watch us. There is also a rumble tonight. I'm not happy that Pony will be participating but I can't convince him now sense he's real pumped about it already.

We were all sitting on the couch together and Two-bit decided to get smart, like usual.

"Young lady you should be asking me, I am the one in charge right now, am I not?" Two-bit just had to say.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Yes, yes you're right Two-bit. Can we?" I asked

Two-bit smiled at me all goofy like.

"Well why you asking me? Let's go!"

With that, Two-bit jumps up from the couch and grabs his boots and leather jacket. Pony grabs his purple zip-up jacket and his converse. I grab my converse too and my white sweater.

Off we went heading towards the bus stop which was a good 20 minute walk to.

While we were walking, Pony held my hand and Two-bit was strutting in front of us, acting like he owned Tulsa. I knew though after he saw the hospital come into view, he'll put away goofy Two-bit and bring out sad and serious Two-bit.

We all did that when we visit Johnny. That's how worried we all are, we can't even joke around that much.

Me and Pony walked in silence for a bit before I asked him a question that everyone was thinking about.

"Do you think he'll make it?" I asked as quietly as I could.

Pony looked at me and sighed.

"I don't know.." he said giving me a sad expression.

"Let's just hope he does." Pony said and squeezed my hand a little.

I smiled at him and squeezed his hand back.

"Yeah, I don't know what we'd do without him."

Pony laughed softly and smiled again.

"That's for sure, he's like our glue." Pony said smiling at me.

I laughed softly too and shook my head.

"That's exactly what I was thinking."

Pony shrugged.

"Great minds think alike." Pony said, now flashing a grin at me.

"I'm flattered." I casually say.

These moments are what I live for, just talking to Pony about life really is like therapy. I need it twice every week. That's how therapeutic it is, really.

Me and Pony continue to walk quietly all the way to the bus stop. Once the bus stop came into view, Pony let go of my hand and sat on the bench while Two-bit stood and looked around.

I leaned against the bench and waited too. I gazed over at Pony and noticed him rubbing his hand over his forehead, seemed like he had a headache, and now that I think about it he didn't look too good either.

Two-bit seemed to notice too and put his hand over his forehead.

"Your foreheads hot Pone, you sure you want to go to this rumble tonight?" Two asked.