14

Ponyboy's pov:
After Delilah left I quietly walked out of the hallway, making my way towards Darry to talk to him about me and Delilah dating again.

If he says no to this i don't know how the hell I'm gonna handle the news. I'll probably cry for weeks.

I walked into the hallway and into the living room. Darry was sitting in his recliner reading the newspaper, like always. Sodapop was still at work but he'd be home shortly.

I sat down onto the couch next to Darry and cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked down from his newspaper and looked at me.

"Whatcha need Ponyboy?" Darry asked softly

"Um- Darry I wanted to ask you something." I said nervously. I looked down and played with my fingers in my lap.

"What might that be?" Darry said while folding up his newspaper and setting it down in his lap.

I quickly looked up at Darry. How do I say this? What if he yells at me?

"Okay Darry before you start yellin at me I just want to reason with you first." I said quickly so he couldn't get a word out. I sat straight up from the couch and gave him strong eye contact. Indicating that this was serious.

"Okay? You're making me worried Pony." Darry said with a concerned look on his face.

"It's nothing bad Darry it's just something important." I sighed and began to speak.

"Can I please date Delilah. I know I know! What you're gonna say! But hear me out first." I said quickly while putting my hands up in front of my face.

Darry sighed and rolled his eyes, knowing what's gonna happen.

"I like Delilah a lot and she likes me too, and I know this for sure and I've never felt like this towards anyone else. Please just give it one chance." I asked pleading, begging at this point. Darry really is a tough person to convince.

Darry crossed his arms on his chest and looked in front of him, thinking about it. I still sat on the edge of the couch waiting nervously for Darry's answer.

"I don't know Pony. What if you get beat up for it? Huh? Then what are you gonna do?" Darry sounded alarming now like he's getting angry about it.

"Darry you don't know till we try." I said softly trying not to anger him more.

He sighed again and looked back in front of him. He thought for a second before speaking again.

"Fine, I'll allow it." He finally said

"Omg! Really?! Thank you Darry!" I said getting hyped up.

"But- if anything, and I mean anything! Bad happens because of you two being together, you can forget about that relationship. You hear me?" Darry said pointing a finger at me with a stern voice.

I shook my head up and down and jumped up from the couch.

"Thank you Darry. Really thank you." I said and started jogging towards the hallway.

"Your welcome." Darry said smiling at me. He's happy for me.

I stopped jogging and turned back to face him. I smiled brightly at him and ran back to my room.

I leaped onto my bed and stared at my ceiling while I put my hands behind my head. Smiling like a huge idiot.

Darry said yes? DARRY SAID YES!! This is such great news! Me and Delilah can actually be together! But how will the rest of the gang react?

Well I know Steve won't care cause he doesn't like me anyway. Sodapop will probably be hesitant about it at first but then loosen up later. Dally won't care. Johnny will be happy because I'll be happy, and two-bit, he'll be mad at first but then he'll get drunk and most likely forget about it.

I thought more about how many memories me and Delilah will make together. We'll climb up my roof and watch the sunset together, maybe even the sunrise. We'll have picnics together, watch movies together. Just so many things, I can't wait to tell her.

I finally calmed down my excitement and got up to go eat dinner. Tomorrow is gonna be amazing, seeing her face when I tell her. Yes!!

I ate dinner just thinking about her, just Delilah.
—————-
Delilah's pov:
It was now the next day after I had studied with Pony and I'm now waiting in English for him to tell me what Darry said.

I'm so nervous I could vomit, who knows what Darry said he could've yelled at him, said no of course- or something else. I still had some hope left, that was slowly running out as i kept watching the minutes pass as I waited for Pony.

Finally I saw Pony appear from the door with a huge smile on his face, he even said good morning to Mrs Wilson, he doesn't really like her so I'm surprised he said that to her. Something good must've happened.

Pony made his way to my desk and stopped and stood right in front of me. He bent down a little to meet my height. Considering I was sitting down in my seat.

"So what did Darry say?" I asked right off the bat, I'm dying to know, I couldn't wait any longer.

"You'll never believe it." Pony said with a huge grin on his face

I slowly smiled too, knowing what this meant.

"He said yes? Didn't he." I asked biting my bottom lip and smiling.

"Yup he did. Can you believe that? I for sure thought he was gonna yell at me." Pony said laughing at his words.

I laughed a little too, that's a huge relief.

"So does that mean we're together now?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"You know it." Pony said while pointing his finger at me and winking.

I blushed a little and smiled big. Pony smiled back and walked over to his seat and sat down.

I turned around to meet his eyes. He smiled softly. I smiled back and slowly turned around. I smiled to myself.

About time we got together. But now that means we can do so much together. I'm sure he'll want to watch sunsets with me and take me out to eat. It'll be so much fun.

The rest of the students piled in while I sat, day dreaming about what me and Pony will do together.

Mrs Wilson tapped her pencil onto her desk to get our attention, notifying that class was starting.

This is gonna be a great day.