BONUS

PLEASE READ:

I had so many requests for it, so I wrote something up in Chase's POV. I hadn't planned to do this until after completing the book, but since y'all wanted it so bad, I had to give in. :]

This is a Bonus Chapter. So it actually takes place the same day as Chapter 26, so you'll notice a couple times this chapter overlaps with that one, but most of it is original.

I really like the main story to be in Aurora's POV, so that's why I chose to go back a little to give you some Chase, instead of picking up with the next chapter. But I think this does a pretty good job of letting you know where he's coming from and what he's struggling with. At least I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Sitting alone in the cafeteria isn't something that would normally bother me. It's the stares of everyone here that piss me the hell off. I don't need their company, I'm used to not having much of that. And really, I don't want it. Being solitary is fine with me, especially if being around people means dealing with their ridiculous looks. It's their pity that bugs the shit out of me. Big sad eyes as they watch me.

Poor, pitiful vampire who can't remember.

Yeah. Fuck off.

I shift to get up and leave to eat in my room when someone slides into the seat across from me. It's not often someone joins me, especially since I woke up two years in the future - at least by my memory. So I stay seats and stare across the table. One of the very few people here who doesn't either pity or completely avoid me. She's the tiniest little thing with one of the scariest glares I've seen. I've seen a lot of glares. It might be the fact that she reminds me a little of the kids that always appear in horror movies. Long blonde hair braided into pigtails. Innocent wide eyes and a sweet face. But underneath all that is the mage training under Arlo. The kid is freaky.

She smiles wide, but it's more like baring teeth than a smile. Her little hands fold together, resting on the table in front of her as she stares me down. Penny doesn't like me. Not even a little. She's not scared of me either. I guess I sort of saved her life, but her loyalty is to Aurora.

I'm not oblivious, Aurora has been walking about pissed off, and sad, and heartbroken since the day I woke up. I'm actually not trying to be arrogant when I say I know it's because of me. Because I don't remember. The people here stare at her with more pity than they have when they look at me. I don't know how she handles it so well. I do my best to avoid her, but it's hard.

She's always in the gym.

Beating the shit out of people to cope seems to be something we have in common. A need that seemed to only grow stronger after we sparred last week. My eyes are constantly drawn to her. She's magnetizing. When she fights, especially when it's a good she commands the whole room. Everyone seems to stop what they're doing to observe the fight. It's the way she moves. Dangerously. Gracefully. Deadly.

She avoids me too, for the most part. Or maybe I just never give her the chance to try to talk to me. I feel like an asshole. But since she forced all those images on me, I can't face her. It's not that I don't believe them. They were unbelievable, but much to detailed to have been completely made up. And way too many of them. But she's stayed away since. Or I have. Except for watching her in the gym. Yes, like a complete fucking creep.

"I'm trying very hard not to hate you, but you know, you make it difficult," Penny tells me. It's always strange to talk to her, because she doesn't speak like she's a kid. Sometimes it's there, but mostly she sounds as adult as anyone else here. I wonder if she was always this way or if everything she's been through changed her. Took away her childhood.