Chapter 16

Woo! Updating early! I finished and figured why the heck make you wait... so here it is :] 

To anyone that is reading this far in the series and enjoying it, I seriously love you! I don't always get to reply to them, but your comments totally make my day. I completely love reading all your reactions to what's happening. This includes any comments of constructive criticism because how the heck can I make a better story that you'll enjoy more without hearing all of your thoughts, even the not so loving ones :] So thank you to everyone of you who takes the time to comment. 

On a less cool note, it seems like a lot of people hoping to be authors get off on tearing eachother down and reviewing works in nasty ways. Becuase yeah, there's a difference between constructive criticism and just being a jerk. I think life is just too short to waste on hate, I'd rather help build others up. So at the end of every chapter I'll try to give a shoutout to another story on wattpad. I'm gonna try to pick not so popular stories and they may need a little work and editing, but hey! so does mine! Even JK Rowling & Stephen King need editing and rewrites. :] 

Ok... sorry for the rant. Enjoy the Chapter! Love you guys! 

Chapter 16

A nudge causes me to groan as I’m forced to wake from a night of much needed, and too little sleep. After readying the gym to fit an army Chase stayed up with me all night figuring out what needs to be done. How to get these powerful people back on our side, even if we think they’re useless.

We have a meeting with Chase’s parents—who after a brief meeting, I’ve avoided at all costs—this afternoon. We didn’t get off on the best foot. I was angry and reclusive they were intimidating and threatening. Brunch has never been so uncomfortable. But Chase is pretty sure they have some leverage over the council members and therefore will be of great use to us.

Though Chase wouldn’t really describe them as such, his parents have too much… sway to be regular vamps. They’re like the ruling family of the Supernatural mafia. Which explains their closeness with a guy like Arlo, who in his younger days acted as their right hand man. It also explains Chase’s general scariness and why most people avoided him. I guess you have to be a tough, menacing jerk if you grow up with parents who make Al Capone look as sweet as a bunny.

Of course, it does make me wonder why no one would have warned me when it was clear Chase and I were acquainted. I don’t think it’s some secret that the Avery family isn’t exactly kosher, but it’s not information I was privy too, seeing as I grew up in a different world. I think though, that Chase liked that I didn’t know. That I wasn’t intimidated of his family name.

“Let me sleep,” I mumble and give the vampire next to me a return nudge.

“Door,” he replies as a knocking sounds again.

“You suck,” I say forcing myself from the nice cocoon of blankets that had encased me.

“You and me both, Love.”

He thinks he’s being cute. All clever with his play on words. So I hit him with my pillow as I get out bed. Pulling on a pair of sweatpants discarded in a pile by the bed, I make my way to the door.

“Holy crap,” I say shocked at what’s on the other side of my door. A number of men, more than I care to count this early, but certainly enough to call a crowd, is standing in the hallway. “You weren’t joking.”

“No ma’am, I don’t make a habit of joking about my duty,” Beckett says seriously.

“I just mean, when you said contacts, I was expecting two or three…” I definitely wasn’t thinking he meant he could have a dozen people here in less than twenty-four hours.